We were really impressed with The Battlesteads, especially as we were on a two night special offer which represented really good value. Their commitment to the environment is clearly genuine (unlike many places) and has been pursued with considerable imagination. On booking we were warned that the room would be rather small. In fact it was of a perfectly adequate size, and was spotless and beautifully appointed. Some of the others must be really spacious. Being a pub/restaurant as well as hotel, we were concerned that it might be noisy, but it wasn't at all, even though our room looked out onto the road outside and was above the entrance. But what was really impressive was the food. We had two superb 3 course meals, and excellent breakfasts - the omelette with flaked smoked haddock and local Birdoswald cheese was really special. The salad and veg with the dinners were sourced from the garden and so were wonderfully fresh. Highly recommended, especially if 2 or 3 night special offers available - check their website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland