A traditional style pub/inn situated in Wark, a village about 10 miles north of Hadrians Wall.
Rooms are a little old fashioned but are fine and clean; good toiletries and towels. Bed was too soft so not comfy. Fruit basket provided.
We paid £125 per night B&B which is probably a bit more than is reasonable partly because they only had a family room available.
Dinner was good - £21.50 for 2 courses, £26.50 for 3 courses. Breakfast was good - continental selection with home made jams was better than the cooked.
Nice welcoming bar/lounge with three local beers available. Staff are friendly. Nice garden too. There is no mobile phone coverage; internet access is available in the lounge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland