We stayed for 3 nights DBB at Battlesteads just after Easter 2012. It was excellent. The food was really good, and we enjoyed a wine and food event which was a first for us. The staff are outstanding, and our room was high quality for a pub/hotel. It was sparklingly clean and without doubt we shall return. there is plenty to do within easy driving distance and the hotel provides a number of walks on waterproof paper - a super idea! The weather was not ideal, but we got out and about to Keilder and onto Hadrians Wall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers and HRS so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland