Stayed here last night with my Husband as a treat for my Birthday and had a wonderful experience. There was a warm welcome from the moment we stepped through the door, the log fire was blazing in the bar and locals and residents were having a drink in the company of their pet dogs. We were shown to our room and found that we had been upgraded from a double to a suite which was a very unexpected surprise. The hotel was quiet as expected this time of year but the staff were still very attentive. There was a good selection of beverages in the room, fresh fruit & biscuits. Lovely thick fluffy towels in the bathroom along with organic toiletries and a most pleasing Jacuzzi. The bed was very comfortable and the room was well furnished and lovely and warm as the temperature outside had dropped. Staff explained how all the amenities worked and also advised us that mobiles can't be used as there is no signal in Wark but we could use the landline for a small cost. There is free Wifi throughout the building plus a laptop for customers to use in the bar. Our evening meal did not dissappoint with plenty of choice and delicious canapes to whet our appetite. I had scallops with home made black pudding as a starter then confit of duck leg with peas and mash followed by mixed berry pavlova all washed down by a good house red. My Husband had mixed smoked meats, cheese & fish as a starter then confit of belly pork followed by strawberry cheesecake. We awoke to a Winter Wonderland this morning as everywhere was covered in frost outside but the sun was shining. After a hearty Full English breakfast in the conservatory looking out into the garden which is alive with little birds attacking the numerous feeders and fat balls etc, we checked out at 10am having had a thoroughly enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland