Booked a 2 night excellent deal here to celebrate my guy's big 60. What a great choice....the food is superb...I had gravadlax then confit duck leg...delish. He had ribeye.....actually sent the first one back as it was rather gristly...but his second, swiftly served, was great and to me the mark of a good restaurant is how they handle a complaint...and this was well handled.Second night I had pear, brie and walnut salad and scallops from the starter menu for main, with a side order of parmesan and truffle chips...he had gammon...both meals excellent.Breakfast menu has just about anything you could want....and gorgeous little kilner jars of preserves..do try the lemon & lavender.Comfortable room ...great memory foam mattress.Lovely ambience in the bar area with wood burning stove and leather sofas you can sink into. The owners used to run the Magnesia Bank in North Shields about 7 years ago and have definitely made The Battlesteads a great place for a chill out break. If you like to walk do try the 3 mile round trip to Hareshaw Linn waterfall....superb.We'll come back here in the summer to enjoy the outside areas and garden.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, LateRooms and Ebookers so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland