A wonderful inn. Stayed for two nights but wished we'd had longer. The place appears smaller than it is. Our room faced the rear of the hotel with views over the Northumbrian countryside. It was a good size room tastefully furnished with a comfortable bed. Tea & coffee making facilities in the room. The bar was good with a soft seating area complete with TV. A good selection of ales at very good prices. To the rear was the restaurant. We ate there on both nights & the food was of excellent quality, again at very good prices. All of the staff were helpful & polite. We would highly recommend this hotel/inn & will definitely visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, LateRooms and Ebookers so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland