We have been so lucky in as much as we were able to have a short break at Battlesteads just after Christmas and just after Easter. We have stayed there before and always find the staff welcoming, just what is needed after a long drive. Thank you Katie, thank you Mike. The room was comfortable, coffee, biscuits, tea, fruit, all supplied together with dog biscuits and towels for our dog.
The food is delicious, we have loved every meal. I even enjoyed the weight watchers dessert-Rocky Road Knickerbocker glory (something like that!). Slimmers meals are not usually so good!! Thanks to Ed the chef, he is a genius!!!
Dogs are allowed in the bar area, even to eat with their owners. This is separated from the main dining area so anyone who isn't a dog lover needn't worry!
There is a comfortable sitting area by the bar with books and magazines and a gorgeous log burner.
All the staff were helpful and pleasant, Thanks to Andrew, great with wines. Thanks to Raluka who works so hard.
I wish I could name all the staff and thank them because we had such a great stay and everyone was so nice.
Thanks to the owner Dee for coming to chat to us.
I love the village of Wark, there is a lovely riverside walk. Locals are friendly.
There are lots of lovely places to visit nearby: Wallington Hall, Belsay Castle (dogs welcome in the grounds). There is a beautiful walk by Hareshaw Linn near Bellingham and teas served in restored railway carriages in Bellingham itself.
As you can tell, we had alovely, relaxing time.
We had just had a bereavement in the family and it meant so much to me to stay somewhere where we were welcomed and looked after. What more could anyone want?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland