Booked the "Chipchase room", the best room, and were not disappointed. Well furnished and appointed with views over the woods. Food superb - seasonal, locally sourced, beautifully cooked and presented. Hearty portions. Staff excellent, friendly and professional. Particularly liked the way they took our drinks through from our seats in the bar to the Restaurant. Log-burning stove in bar gave off serious heat. Exceptionally green credentials - check the website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland