Stopped here last night with my partner. It was kind of a last minute decision and having browsed through booking.com came across Battlesteads. We arrived just after noon Saturday and went straight into the bar to have lunch. From there we were shown to our room which was great! Spacious, clean, fresh fruit, biscuits and coffee. Dinner was beautiful & the wine selection great. Really interesting place with great eco credentials.
We had a great experience and the staff were superb. One lady in particular was great, serving lunch, showing us to our room and also involved in the serving of dinner.
This is a great place & a bonus is no mobile phone signal...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland