Stayed 30th December. Arrived late afternoon, bar nice but would have been more welcoming if fire had been lit.
Bedroom clean and comfortable. Bathroom in need of refurbish and silverfish on floor and in bath. (pleased I had taken slippers) Shower curtain grubby and smelly.
Dining room basic. Food beautiful , Northumberland lamb always is, pity I had to send it back as it was barley warm. My meal was replaced but it was not much warmer, by which time my husband had finished his so we ate separately.
Booked on basis of reviews from trip advisor..... Very over rated ! Expensive compared to other similar hotels in the surrounding area.
Disappointing birthday treat
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland