We have just returned from a fabulous two day weekend break at Battlesteads hotel and restaurant on a "Secret Escapes" offer, excellent value, beautiful room very tastefully decorated.
All the staff all very welcoming and friendly. Owners Richard and Dee both lovely people, Dee is an award winning dessert chef and boy, what a treat the desserts were. Richard took us on a tour of the hotel's carbon neutral heating system making Battlesteads the greenest hotel in Northumberland, Richard is very proud of their environmentally friendly principles and justifiably so the hotel's gardens are full of birds and wildlife and set in a lovely private walled garden area which is viewed from the conservatory when having breakfast. All the meals we had were memorable and beautifully presented.
We will definitely be returning I would like to see the garden at different times of the year. Lovely place will be recommending to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland