We used a voucher to stay for 1 night with the taster menu meal and full breakfast. Didn,t know what to expect from the taster meal but it was superb, 7 courses of great local, tasty food all beautifully prepared and presented. Don,t know whether I would have paid the full price for it but we felt that the whole experience more than exceeded the voucher cost. By the time the cheese board arrived we were full but is it amazing how you somehow find room for more. I have rarely had food that was so flavoursome and I am sure we will be returning for another meal, ( I want to try the rabbit pie).
Our room was no. 5, top of the stairs. It was very clean and furnished to a high standard, it is the 1st time I have had a cafetierre and proper coffee on the tea tray and the home made biscuits were wonderful. The only downside was that it faced the road and our sleep was disturbed through the night and early morning but I felt that was my fault for not requesting a downstairs back room which I will do next time. Staff very friendly and helpful and breakfast superb. I would certainly have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland