We stayed at Battlesteads for 2 nights. The room was spacious, clean, and well presented, with very easy access.
The bar had a friendly atmosphere and staff were always helpful. A good selection of quality real ale was available and the wine list looked good too.
Dinner was 3 lovely courses served by the great staff who were always keen to help.
Breakfast was equally good, and this was served in the conservatory from where we could enjoy watching the birds in the garden.
Much of the produce served in the restaurant is grown on site and the owners are more than happy to provide a guided tour of the gardens.
Should we be in the area again, i'm sure we'll make a bee-line here for the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland