Only spent one night as travelling up to the Highlands. The bedroom was well appointed, clean and though on the small side, totally overstuffed with co-ordinating cushions! However it is an old pub. The room tray was very good with cafetiere - always a nice touch as was the complimentary fruit bowl. Dinner and breakfast were delicious and the waiting staff good. Found the hotel to be slightly impersonal, but judging from numbers in the restaurant in the evening - and staying at the hotel - it is a popular hotel. I would recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland