We stayed here for our anniversary using an online offer. There is no mobile phone signal in Wark so it was wonderful to escape from people who cannot put their phones down and enjoy their surroundings!
The staff members, without exception, are friendly, welcoming and helpful. They had made a note when we booked that it was our anniversary and they congratulated us when we arrived.
We stayed in the superior room as a treat, which was comfortable and quiet even with the garden under our window.
The food is excellent. For the first night, we had the seven course taster menu with accompanying wines. I don't normally eat dessert, but they were fabulous! Wonderful wines to accompany each course too. The second night we chose from the menu and really enjoyed our choices alongside a bottle of our favourite wine from the night before.
The hotel is rightly proud of its green credentials - it has a walled garden to sit in when the weather allows and grows much of its own fruit and vegetables. Binoculars are provided if you want to do some bird or squirrel watching.
I loved this hotel and we will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, LateRooms, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland