The food was very good great first two courses let down by the award winning bread and butter pudding.
It was pretty tasteless.
The room was nice with little touches like a bowl of fresh fruit. The views from the window was not great. (Car part) room was hot and stuffy even with the window open.
Breakfast was very good with a lot of unusual choices such as soft cheese omelet. Nice cereals where you can add dried fruit and nuts separately to your muesli
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland