My husand and I have just returned from a very pleasant stay at the Battlesteads. Our room was lovely with a view and although it was the main road we did not find it too noisy. The restaurant meals were delicious and the staff were very friendly. There are a couple of pubs, a butchers and a grocery store in the village but apart from that it is very quiet. The hotel is very well positioned for all of the Hadiran Wall sites. Corbirdge, Hexham and Brapmton are all well worth a visit. Corbridge + Brampton being our favourites, very oldy worldy. Definitely would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland