An excellent place to stay if you want comfort, great food, friendly staff and at the same time sparing a thought to the environment. Have stayed here many times and always been made to feel at home. The food is some of the best local food I've had, it couldn't be fresher as salad and veg is grown on site and you select breakfast the night before so it is cooked for your chosen time. Avoiding the rubber bacon so common to other places. The owners will aso give you a tour of their eco developments on site. If it's a romantic get away, weekend with friends or family - Battlesteads is the perfect choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland