We stayed 5 nights here while walking and sight seeing in the area. Dinners were excellent with a good choice of locally sourced food, much of which is grown in the hotel's own gardens and polytunnels. Breakfasts were also very good. Staff were friendly and efficient. Our room was spotless with a very comfortable bed. The hotel owners set high standards and it really shows. Strongly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads has recently been converted into a comfortable Northumbrian Inn and Restaurant complete with secret walled garden and sunny conservatory. The 22 rooms are all en-suite with colour TV, hairdryers and ironing facilities. The restaurant features mouth-watering home cooked dishes using top quality, locally sourced produce. An ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Battlesteads Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlesteads Hotel Hexham
- Battlesteads Hotel Wark, Northumberland