“Hexham Cottage”
other travellers have booked this property
Pretty as a picture and off road parking to boot.
Mind your head on those 19th Century beams. Inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Pretty as a picture and off road parking to boot.
Mind your head on those 19th Century beams.
Inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove.
Yep - she always hogs the fire!
42' Smart TV for cosy nights in and window seat to watch the world go by.
Kitchen diner with room for 4 round the table.
Small but perfectly formed with integrated fridge, dishwasher & washer-dryer.
King bed with feather duvet and Egyptian cotton bed linen.
The bedroom is open plan with stone walls and vaulted ceilings.
Large walk-in shower and great water pressure.
Some great walks along the river just 200m from our front door.  Keep an eye open for the herons.
Sycamore Gap on Hadrian's Wall
Hadrian's Wall
River North Tyne
Spring in Wark
Look closely and you'll see the Heron
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Cosmopoli...
“Hexham Cottage”
Reviewed 22 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

I stayed at the cottage for 4 days with my little dog Bella. What a lovely holiday we had. The cottage was so clean, comfy and well equipped. The bed was exceptionally comfy and warm. Wark is a lovely little village and I would definitely like to visit again next year

4 Jun 2018
It's lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Cathy D
“Lovely little cottage”
Reviewed 6 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

My husband and myself stayed here for a week with our 2 little dachshunds.
It was very pretty outside and beautifully done up inside and we loved the log fire (& so did the dogs!!!) specially when we had a couple of grey and grim days. It made it very nice&cosy.
Very comfortable and well equipped.We had travelled in my husbands van and couldn't fit on the parking area outside the house so we had to park by the village green (with the amazing huge tree in the middle I might add) , but that was totally fine with us and we didn't mind.
Wark is a pretty village and a good base to get to a lot of places like Kielder water and forest park and Hexham.
We could give our dogs a lovely little walk past the village green and down by the river which they enjoyed.
Thank you for a lovely stay in a very lovely cottage.

4 Jun 2018
Cathy, thank you for the lovely comments. I'm so pleased you all enjoyed your stay - I'm sure the whole village admired your dachshunds as we don't see that many! Do come back and visit us again.
Martin E
Coromandel
“A superb little Gem”
Reviewed 19 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

The cottage is in the centre of the village of Wark and 150yds from the beautiful River North Tyne. The cottage has been excellently refurbished with new kitchen and bathroom and bedroom . The bed is very comfy and that's from a bad back sufferer. The kitchen has all you need including dishwasher and washer/dryer. The new modern all glass shower is brilliant. The TV is a new smart TV so you can bring your films on a USB stick to watch. You are right next to Hadrians Wall and the Scottish border, beautiful countryside. Walks down the side of the river. Plenty to go and visit. There's a local shop and post office, butcher and two pubs. Highly recommended.

Your age range 65+
4 Jun 2018
Martin, so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Wark. Thank you for the lovely comments and I hope we get to welcome you back in the future.
penbobNor...
Norwich England
“Brilliant accommodation”
Reviewed 13 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

A beautifully furnished cottage for two. All fittings were to a high standard everything we needed was provided. It was very clean and cosy. Wood stove available if needed. I am unable to offer any criticism. The cottage was perfect. Location was ideal for us to explore Northumberland. Could not have picked better. We hope to visit again. Loved it.

26 Jul 2017
Thank you so much for the lovely feedback. I do hope we get chance to welcome you back again. As you've no doubt discovered there's so much to do in this area.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

18 Jul 2017
Lovely comments, thank you so much! So pleased you enjoyed your stay at Hexham House Cottage.
Peter R
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 7 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Perfect base to explore Northumberland.
My Fiance and I spent a week here while viewing potential wedding venues in the area. Lovely little cottage, equipped with everything you could want to unwind in the evening. Great kitchen and enjoyed evenings by the log burner.
Brilliant owner left a bottle of prosecco for us as I'd stated the nature of the visit when booking.
My Fiance spent the whole week saying "ooh, I like that!" as she was rather impressed with the interior decor!

28 May 2017
Thank you for such a lovely review Peter. I do hope your trip was a success and that you found your perfect wedding venue. Perhaps we can welcome you back for a honeymoon?
Scenic702...
“Very nice Cottage and very Clean”
Reviewed 22 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Location Good , and very Clean front parking may be a little small area, but I had a R/rover, but this would not put me off to stay again,

28 May 2017
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
The parking out front can be a little tight and larger vehicles can park round the village green which is very close by.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing