“Great little stop off”
Review of Motel Belvedere

Motel Belvedere
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saint-Simeon
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel late at night around midnight, much later than the usual closing time, yet someone was there to great us and make sure we got in alright.
The room was clean, bed comfy and bathroom spotless. Our room had a patio over looking the water, was a great view and great way to start our trip.
Overall we had a very nice time with everything at this motel.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 10 August 2012

I've booked 3 months in advanced for 2 rooms for 4 people staying one night. When I arrived the receptionist check us in in 1room with 2 double bed, I explained that I have a CONFIRMED booking for 2 double rooms, but he keeps on telling me that the motel is full to the capacity and that is the only room available and said for us to cancel if we are not satisfied. Then a woman came over and said that the best they can do is to arrange for us to stay in the other motel. This is the most IRRESPONSIBLE and UNPROFESSIONAL motel I had the misfortune to encounter, where confirmed booking means nothing and sending guest away in the height of the season. So beware those that are planning to stay at this motel.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank MacauFriend
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We had a room in the main building, looking out over the ferry dock and the river. It was imple, comfortable, clean, adequately sized and delivered what I wanted the most: a good night's sleep. The balcony made for a memorable morning when, while having tea and coffee, I spotted a whale and pointed it out to a family a few rooms down who were also outside. The look on the little boy's face was priceless as it was the first whale he had ever seen. I didn't use the pool, but it seemed clean and pleasant (for those who don't know, the river is beautiful to look at but the water temperature is very, very cold).

Reasonably priced, comfortable, and convenient to the road up to Tadoussac or for the ferry across to Riviere-de-Loup; I don't think I could have asked for much more.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a balcony; the view of the river is wonderful and the cool breeze is g...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

Clean but small rooms! Noise comes in room from neigbours. We had the most beautifull view on the river from our terrace! No good restaurants nearby!!!!! If to choose 1, take the one next to ferry pier!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 3 July 2012

The view blew us away when we arrived. It sits on a bluff overlooking the St. Lawrence and small docks and is amazing. Read others for the hotel info but what I want to add is that after ASKING for the hot-tub to be turned on- as you must since it is always at 86 degrees, we were having a nice time with the kids when after 30 mins some people YELLED from their cottages that we needed to be QUIET! Then they repeated "we are not joking- be quiet- we paid for this view and ambiance". The management stayed out of it, however it was VERY upsetting and basically ruined a perfect day. They yelled at us for almost 5 mins that our children were too loud, we were in the tub for too long and that "everyone knows children shouldn't be in a hot tub"... even though it was at 86 degrees and most certainly NOT a hot tub. I explained that they needed not yell but simply come down and explain they wanted to go in and that would've been it... but yell- really- absolutely unnecessary!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank C A P
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I thought this was an okay place to stay given the price. The room was clean and had more space than we could possibly have needed. The bathroom was a little run down but clean and lots of hot water. The balcony was wonderful and looked out over the harbour. The staff was very friendly and made every effort to help me out even though I don't speak any French. There isn't a restaurant but there's a little diner around the corner that is okay. The tickets for whale watching were available at the desk and the bus will pick you up and drop you off at the motel. I thought was great for the cost. We stayed for two and loved it. We'll be going back soon!

Room Tip: The rooms closest to the harbour are fantastic!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank leavethesnowbehind
Reviewed 20 July 2010

We stayed here and it was fantastic. The people were very friendly and helped us with finding good places to eat and booking our whale watching tour! The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The view was unbelievable. All of the units are overlooking the St. Lawrence River and it is up on a hill so a beautiful unobstructed view from our balcony. In the morning the mist on the mountains and water was beautiful. There is also a pool and hot tub on the property which is nice as well. We had a great time and I would definitely stay here again. it is a beautiful area and a very nice motel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends