“Poor from a previously good place”
Review of Rose & Crown Inn

Rose & Crown Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Nympsfield
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Used to visit often after walking there from a local village. It must have changed hands, it is now poor. My mum asked for a salad as she wasn't too hungry but they point blank refused. Interesting considering you get a free salad with most meals! Menu used to be varied but now there is very little choice. Service was indifferent, and not very welcoming. Beer/ale choice though still good!

There are newer reviews for Rose & Crown Inn

Reviewed 11 May 2014

New landlord made us very welcome and we enjoyed a tasty well presented lunch washed down by excellent Arkells Moonlight real ale. Would stop here again when visit the Vale of the White Horse.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

After years its lovely to have the village pub back to the way it was again, good atmosphere and friendly, helpful staff.
We called in for a quick lunch and couldn't fault it, the food was good and served to us quickly, we will definitely be returning and taking family and friends.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Just popped in for lunch, nice setting but awful food. I ordered a sandwich (an 8 pound sandwich) and my partner had baked potato. My bread was completely stale, must have been days old and the baked potato was full of bruises and black bits. I know it was just lunch so I wasn't overly bothered but when I told the waitress she just said 'sorry but there's no point in me bringing you another as it will probably be the same'. Not a great response. It can't be that hard to get herself in the kitchen and make me a sarnie and a baked spud surely?

3  Thank mike l
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We visited the Rose and Crown the Sunday after Christmas after I had raved about it to two friends who were visiting me. I was really disappointed and I can only think that it has changed hands since the summer. They were not serving Sunday roasts only dishes from the menu, we waited ages and the food was well below average. The batter on the cod was dark brown and my faggots were hard, the chips were over done too. Some of the tables have been replaced by armchairs in the eating area which can only mean that they are not catering for as many people as they used too. Historically it was difficult to get a table on Sundays. I also missed the very nice landlady who was always around checking that everything was satisfactory. I won't be visiting again in a hurry as luckily there are other very good eateries in the area.

1  Thank lesleymayjones