“Maybe they were having a bad day” 2 of 5 bubbles

Mountain View Barbeque
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Walker
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minden, Nevada
“Maybe they were having a bad day”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

By the reviews here , seems like everyone else liked it. I have rated this as poor, but maybe they were just having a bad day. My wife and I had the pulled pork sandwich which was kind of pricey. If it was good, we wouldn't have minded, but that was not the case. Chewy and full of gristle, as we has to waste most of it. Maybe they ran out of good pork, but don't serve us this!

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

New York
“Great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Lucky for us we were hungry when this place showed up on Rt 395! Casual, laid back and very welcoming. The food was excellent. We had pulled pork and the chicken sandwich. Take a walk around and check out the art works!

• Visited April 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Driving the Sonora Pass today going through Walker and needing to have lunch I saw Mtn View BBQ. The owner was very nice & the food was great. Being from the South I've had plenty of BBQ and this was excellent. Very tasty, generous portion and wonderful November afternoon meal at the outdoor table with just the right portion of sunshine!

• Visited November 2013
San Leandro, California
“Really good BBQ, somewhat pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I ate here for the first time recently and I was really surprised at how good the BBQ is. Fairly extensive menu and a nice beer selection, although the food prices seem a bit high. I would definitely eat here again and am looking forward to trying more of the BBQ options!

• Visited October 2013
San Francisco, California
“surprisingly good food between Tahoe and Yosemite!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We recently drove from Yosemite to Lake Tahoe, taking the scenic route on 395 (to SR 89).
Along the way we got hungry and happened to stop at this small roadside restaurant in the small town of Walker. We had a variety of food -- but the BBQ was super. I'm not a big meat eater so I had the BBQ turkey sandwich which was great and a friend had the pork tenderloin sandwich which he also liked. Rounded off by a chicken salad and a great looking burger and we were all happy. Wonderful service, great food. Who can ask for more! I strongly recommend stopping in on your way north or south on 395.. Note they only take cash.

• Visited July 2013