“Was OK.”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Location is beautiful with a lovely beer garden around the back, no access through the pub, you have to walk around. Pints were good and service was ok with reasonable prices.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Have been several times after being recommended this place. We have had two great experiences but the 3rd visit was very unwelcoming. Arriving on my own, on a Wednesday about 7:30, just after a large table were ordering. I waited quite patiently till they ordered and then asked could I order any food that could be served the same-time as this large table. Even said I would have any main meal that was easy for them to cook.
Bar staff left to check with kitchen to see if this was possible. I was then told that there was no way they could provide any food till after this large table was finished. Maybe because I wasn't a local, I wasn't even offered any alternative. Great shame.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We ate here last week when it was very cold and wet outside. We sat by the fire and we were the only customers in the pub as it was only 4.45 ish. Our food was brought to us quickly and was hot and tasty. The landlady was friendly and welcoming. Well worth a visit!!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Hubby treats me to a meal out to save me cooking after a very busy work week, great I thought - meal wasn't. Starter - Chicken & Brandy Pate with apple chutney, sounded lovely, Pate too strong for my taste which is not restaurant's fault but "chutney" was appalling, a bowl of coloured water with sultanas, no taste or texture of chutney and to top it off when I put my knife in it a load of fruit flies flew up and stayed with me through my starter. Mains - we both had the "special" Pork chops with sage mash peas & gravy, too much gravy on plate for me would have been better on the side to add as wanted, mash & peas good although other veg as well would have been nice, the chops however were absolutely appalling - struggled to cut through the meat, very tough, then when I cut second from the bone found blood on the bone and in the middle of the chop meat, told waiting staff but only offered to re-cook chop, by this point i'd lost any appetite ! they then had the cheek to charge us for irish coffees. Lesson learnt, won't be returning ever. over £ 30.00 paid for a meal neither of us were able to enjoy and not an offer of discount or money back. My husband never leaves food but he couldn't eat his pork chops either so goes to show they were poor quality and not cooked.

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Went to this pub twice for food during our weeks stay at Dinas Dinlle. The four of us had the Sunday roast beef for lunch and it was by far the best roast i've had in ages. Delicious local meat and veg. Second night 2 of us opted for fish and chips, 1 house curry and a welsh beef stroganoff. All 4 meals were delicious. Nice big portions and everyone thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Lovely local bitters to drink. Lovely and earldy worldy inside, like a proper pub should be. Would go back to that area just to go to the pub A****

1  Thank Lucylujane