“Perfect!”
Review of Royal Kruger Lodge

Royal Kruger Lodge
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I dont know where to begin with our recent trip to Royal Kruger. It was beyond our expectations, all the staff are amazing and go out of there way to ensure your stay is perfect and all your needs are met. Julia's food is sensational! Robert and Chase (the tour guides) have eyes of an eagle and can spot everything! Everyone is so warm and you feel like you know everyone for ages. We were lucky to be greeted by Zebra, Kudu, Baboons and Warthogs on all days whilst we were at the lodge and feed them as well. The rooms are serviced twice daily as well.

Room Tip: I would strongly recommend doing the Kruger Bush Walk as it is an experience of a life time
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Vic R, Owner at Royal Kruger Lodge, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. It was our pleasure hosting you and hope to see you back in these parts again in the not too distant future.

Do get all your friends to look us up on Trip Advisor and see the specials on offer or, they can email me direct.

Don't leave it too long before your next visit.

All the best from me and all the team.

Vic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Dallas, Texas, Usa
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Wonderful and knowledgable staff who treat you like family. Robert and Rick will lead you on game drives to see not only the Big 5 but animals you've never seen or heard of. Jules and the beautiful girls will treat you daily with delectable food. And don't forget to have a relaxing massage in your room from Megan. Perfect ending to a Magical day riding through Kruger National Park.

Vic R, Owner at Royal Kruger Lodge, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Great to hear you had a good time and thanks for the review. Please let all your friends know and hopefully we will see you again.

Drop me an email sometime and keep well.

Medowie, Australia
Reviewed 11 October 2013

One of my most memorable African experiences was my stay at Royal Kruger Lodge. Vic & Julie (the owner and the head of the household staff) were like long lost relatives - their hospitality and warmth amazing.

Game drives and our guide who founds us the Big 5, Zebras virtually in the kitchen, warthogs in the back garden and baboons who tried to steal food if they could!!

Would love to do it again - dinner under the stars and beautiful memories. Vic, you are a fabulous host, just keep doing what you and those with you do best. Loved it all

Susann Sinclair

Vic R, Owner at Royal Kruger Lodge, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
It was great meeting you and so glad you had a great time. Hope you enjoyed the private safari also.

Do ask you colleagues to view is on Trip Advisor and see the specials on offer or email me direct.

Drop me an email and I will send on the video of the singing and dancing.

Keep well and hope to see you again soon.

All the best,

Vic and the team.
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

This was by far the best holiday I have had. It exceeded all my expectations. The Lodge was beautiful and to be able to relax outside while watching the zebras eating just 5 feet from you is an experience that I will never forget. The guides, Chase and Rick, were amazing and they made sure that the tours were wonderful. I even saw the big five three times! They had so much knowledge that they were able to share. The staff at the Lodge were beautiful people with such kind hearts and they make the place so warm and welcoming, especially Sean and Julia who always made sure I had everything I needed. I also had the pleasure of meeting Vic and Leanne who helped me tremendously in planning this holiday. I will definitely be going back and I was sad to leave. Thank you everyone!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Vic R, Owner at Royal Kruger Lodge, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Many thanks for your wonderful review. It was so great to meet you and having you here at the Lodge. I do hope we get to see you again in the future.

Thanks again and keep well.

Vic and the RKL Team
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Fantastic lodge, amazing staff and a great host in Vic. The seven days I spent at the lodge along with the activities I did made that week one of the best week's of my life. Can't speak highly enough of this holiday!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Staying at the Lodge was excellent we can not fault anything about it. Vic, Leanne the guides and the entire staff were so good we would have to say everything about our stay including the safari's the sundowners the meals and additional tours that could be organised were great, we can not fault the hospitality which was excellent. We have no hestations in reccommending the Royal Kruger Lodge to any fellow travellers and we met alot of very nice people and are keeping in contact with people we met at the lodge.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I have just come back from a wonderful holiday in South Africa. The Royal Kruger Lodge was a highlight and like a home away from home - the most friendly and helpful staff, Julie's home-cooked meals each day and the safaris you only dream about.
The atmosphere at the lodge was so relaxed where we were visited by the regular locals of zebras, warthogs, giraffes and baboons each evening. What an experience. Thank you to all the dedicated staff who were only too happy to help with anything at all. ( Vic, we're missing those shots before dinner.) We loved the idea of sitting with our guests in the outdoor setting and chatting about our day. Thank you Rob for your skilful guiding throughout the game drive - eyes like a hawk and we saw the Big 5 on the first day. Rick our driver/guide is such an experienced and knowledgeable staff member. I would highly recommend staying at The Royal Kruger Lodge not only for the value but for the true African experience. It was sad to leave the lodge, but we're coming back and with all our friends! Thanks again. - Sam & Marisa

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mbandie
Vic R, Owner at Royal Kruger Lodge, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Hi guys,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is guests like yourselves that make everything worthwhile and the whole team really appreciate it. Great to have shared a few wonderful day with you.

I hope everything went well on your the your overall trip to SA and that all your travels were safe.

Please tell all your friends about your trip and ask them to contact me direct or see Trip Advisor for specials.

Again, thank you so much and keep well.

All the best from me and the RKL Team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marloth Park
#1 of 34 in Marloth Park
Crocodile Bridge Safari Lodge
Crocodile Bridge Safari Lodge
#75 of 172 in Kruger National Park

Been to Royal Kruger Lodge? Share your experiences!