“together with friends in Lilians house as guests”
Review of Call of Africa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marloth Park
Call of Africa
Ranked #5 of 9 Marloth Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 March 2013

A dream of Lilian which has made her committed to this place and area !

I must say it is a place where one can dream away, realistic or not, one feels very comfortable and away from the daily, so called, civilisation.
We where there together with friends and just Lilian and we had a very good time together including all the wild creatures around us, which we believe was just right because the house provides a lot of comfort and privacy.

This could easily be spoilt if there would be more guest around which does not mean that i suggest it would not work at all, but...... !

Room Tip: Well, this is an outstanding place to be, the house, in a total nature area on the border of the Krü...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Been here for the second time. Can't beat it, the beauty of the house, the stunning surroundings, the animals, the friendly staff and incredible friendly owner of the place!
It's also the absolute best price deal you can possibly get! Spotless clean and lots of activities to do!
Enjoyed 2 weeks here and always get sad when the time comes to leave again...
Best place for Wildlife photography! Never gotten more wildlife in front of my lens than here!
Gotta love this place!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kim J
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Thanks so much again, we enjoyed 2 awesome weeks in this paradise!!
The staff was so incredibly friendly !
House is so so lovely, we didn't want to leave in the end with all the great service!!
It's so so beautiful, clean, spacious....
It's like paradise!!!

wildlife sighting guaranteed!!!!! Best place for Safari tours and spotting animals (Big 5).

We can't wait to visit next year again!!

Room Tip: All rooms are spotless... Can't go wrong.. but My fave was the one upstairs with the big luxurio...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Leila R
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Call of Africa is perfect for a small group as it's four rooms are spaced out in a lovely large house with an uncredible balcony. From the balcony extends a walkway that leads to an incredible look out from where you can clearly see Kruger Park. Lovely place with lovely people!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have the advantage of the balcony
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank MOzwald
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Don't even know where to start!
Greatest Place and Lodge ever!!

-Stunning lodge and breathtaking location
-nicest staff and owner!!!
-spotless clean
-awesome wildlife opportunity

I just couldn't believe how many nocturnal animals I caught on camera here!!
Best place for wildlife photography!!!!!!

I had the best time ever here!! I've been travelling all around the globe.
This is my favorite place!!!

Thanks again guys!!!!!
We had an amazing time!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Eliza C
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We enjoyd very much spending a few days at Marloth Park. The fact to see wild animals in the garden of the house and to feed them, was special, loveable! The house "Call of Africa" is a worming, cosy house, good positioned etc. The service was excellent and the stuff friendly. We felt very welcomed and we'll go back for sure!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Biondo E
Reviewed 4 January 2012

WOW, what a place.
However, when we arrived, there was no greeting, no lights on, no air conditioning. In fact it was very very dark and very very hot. The kettle was full of descaler, which both my elderly parents had a mouth full of , as they went straight for the kettle after out 5 hour drive from Tambo Airport .... My brother-in-law had to call the gentleman to get him to come and open the house for us ... When we walked in, it was stunning to see but, the air con was off - we had four luxury bedrooms, all en suite ... very nice but so hot. (Oh, our shower floor was brown and slimey) We managed to get the air con on in 3 rooms but did not have a remote control for one of the top rooms, it was broken. We managed to use one of the other controllers to get it on, but had to wait until the morning to get the correct remote working! In the morning, we had time to investigate in the daylight. The swimming pool was totally green and had was frog spawn in it. My brother-in-law told Albert to remove the spawn and put in a "shock" kit to clean the pool. It took a couple of days before we could swim in it, and even then it was slightly green. We had a jacuzzi on the terrace upstairs. This was in dire need of a clean and it took Albert 2 days, and a reminder that we required it working before we left. Such a shame, as my sister and her husband had been last year and were so happy with everything. I believe the woman that looked after the place before had left ... it would seem that she made the difference there, as the owner has no idea what goes on .... the wall light shades on the terrace downstairs were full of dead bugs and made the light so very dim. My brother-in-law cleaned one out ... and we could see again!! The ceiling lights on the downstairs terrace could not be used as they fused the house .... The two ladies that washed up, made the beds and cleaned the kitchen were lovely.
I wont go on anymore - but if you just need a base this is the place. The wildlife was magnificent, the setting was perfect. It was fantastic but had higher hopes on the cleanliness and friendliness.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
liliandecassai, Inhaber at Call of Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Hi Dave
Thanks for the previous bookings and for the information which I already used to improof everything (lights, cleaning controlls, swimming pool, air conditionning). We had a lot of workers here and the house is spotless. Thanks for your intention to book again in June later this year in my house. I appreciate all comments and I am learning from them. Unluckily I can not always know if my workers are sick or worried. Albert is most of the time friendly and I was very surprised to hear the contrary, that he did not even greet you. Most clients were happy with his friendliness. I understood that he had personal problems after an accident in his familiy and that he is sometimes depressed which is not your concern and which does not excuse his unexpected behaviour. But it is really an exception. Next time if you have a complaint please inform me. I am looking for a better controll system.
Thanks again and kind regards
Lilian De Cassai