“Perfect”
Review of Bushwise Safaris

Bushwise Safaris
Reviewed 10 June 2011

I was in South Africa to run Comrades ultra distance race and wanted to extend my time there with a safari holiday. I had been recommended Bushwise and as I was traveling alone it seemed like a good option.
The welcome I received was lovely and my room was stunning.
It was dark by the time I arrived so I had no idea of what I could see from my window, and when I opened my curtains the following morning all I could say was "wow!". The view was breathtaking.
I had a number of tours into Kruger and the Bushwise guide was very friendly and extremely knowledgeable. He made the whole safari experience something I will never forget.
The food at Bushwise Lodge was amazing. I am vegetarian and sometimes when I'm away the meals can be unimaginative at best, but the meals at Bushwise were delicious and varied.
Tim and Annette who run Bushwise are lovely people and were very hospitable.
I will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank TrinityBooth

Reviewed 11 May 2011

I had the pleasure of visiting Bushwise Lodge for 4 nights in February and was very impressed. Situated in Marloth Park, a 30-minute drive from Kruger’s Crocodile Bridge gate, the accommodation was extremely comfortable and intimate. My visit was like staying at someone’s home for a long weekend rather than staying at a lodge. Dinner was held outside at a communal table every evening, with my stay capped off with a South African brai (BBQ) on the last night.
My guide and driver Werner was terrific and was a treasure trove of information on Kruger’s flora and fauna. He was also a great cook, making me a full-blown bush breakfast on my first morning in the park. During my visit, I made two full day excursions into the park along with an early morning bush walk and a night drive. Hosts Tim and Annette made sure everyone’s needs were well attended to and their incredible enthusiasm for Kruger was infectious. I would highly recommend Bushwise to anyone visiting Kruger.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank TOR_Diver
Reviewed 4 May 2011

We enjoyed our stay at Bushwise Safari Lodge - it is only about 40 minutes from the Crocodile Gate of Kruger so as a self-drive party, it suited us really well. The accommodation was excellent with the 'dining room' under the stars a highlight. We would definitely book a return visit.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Whyatts2011
Reviewed 25 April 2011

We stayed two nights at Bushwise and loved Tim and Werner's hospitality. The lodge is very unique and comfortable. We loved the pool on the second floor!

Werner took us out on our safari into Kruger. He's a very knowledgeable and hospitable host. We saw animals from sunrise to sunset - including the Big 5 by 10:30 am. It was a fabulous experience that we will always remember.

Home cooked meals were fresh and tasty. The wildlife experience was one of a kind. We highly recommend Bushwise!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ColeenMM
Reviewed 25 April 2011

A couple of friends and I spent two nights at the Lodge. We started our stay with a great outdoor dinner by the fire. One of my friend saw 4 of the big 5 during the morning drive into Kruger! We also spent a lot of time in the terrace with bush stories told by our great hosts, Annette and Tim. I had been a couple of times at the Kruger area, but this by far was the best!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Wonderful location with an amazing view over Crocodile River. Very friendly staff! A big thank you to our guide Werner, who spent most of the day with us, showing us the beautiful landscape and giving us the best information about Kruger and its animals that we could ever get. We fully recommend that place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2011

We spent a delightful three nights at this comfortable lodge. The staff goes out of its way to provide what you need. For us they arranged a couple of game drives with their resident ranger/guide into Kruger. And they also arranged a tiger fishing trip. The biggest plus for us was the accomodating nature of owner Annette and Werner, the ranger/ guide.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
#4 of 38 in Marloth Park
Mvuradona Safari Lodge
Mvuradona Safari Lodge
#7 of 38 in Marloth Park

Been to Bushwise Safaris? Share your experiences!