Bushwise Safaris
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Kruger Boutique Hotel(Marloth Park)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Skukuza Rest Camp(Kruger National Park)
  • Pool
Lion Sands - Tinga Lodge(Kruger National Park)
View Hotel
Arathusa Safari Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewscrocodile riverkruger parkacross the riverbreakfast and dinnerswimming poolday safarifantastic guidemorning bush walkanimal sightingssafari guidewonderful experienceother guestseach eveninggreat lodgebig thankssunset drivehis knowledge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I'm someone who stays in hotels about once a month. I have a sense for what to expect from accommodations based on what I'm paying. Bushwise just completely broke my model. To say I was shocked at the experience I received would be the understatement of my lifetime. Bushwise was hands down the best value I've ever received for accommodations ever. Aside from the lodge itself being stunning as well as being set in an amazing location, the meals were fantastic and everyone from Bushwise I encountered was extremely friendly. Most importantly if you happen to have Werner as your guide when going in to Kruger you're in for a treat. He's just a great person. He's knowledgeable, great at spotting wildlife and a total treat to spend time with. There are only so many people on the planet like Werner. He took what would have been a great experience and made it life changing. If somehow Werner happens to come across this review... Cheers man. You're the best.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2013

First Time at Bushwise, we stayed for 4 nights and went into Kruger for 3 times. Spend time at the veranda and pool in between. All food was great, so we can highly recommend this place. Tim and Anette have everything under control, so we could just relax. What a perfect start for our vacation in SA. We will come back, hopefully next year. Then they have also build a new house.
See you soon :)/ Love Stefan&Catharina Luleå Sweden

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2013

What can I say. From the moment Tim greeted us till we painfully tore ourselves away at the end of the stay we were in love with Bushwise, which is right on the border of Kruger National Park. The rooms we very well appointed and super comfy, the full english breakfasts were divine and the dinner in the boma was the most amazing experience sitting out under the stars sharing bush stories. My favorite place was the bar upstairs with the infinity pool on the deck, but the most special thing about this area is the comfy seating facing the river below and while we were there a family of lion were lying out on the rocks. Magic!!!!! Another thing we enjoyed was the warthogs visiting the lodge as well as the family of mongoose. You absolutely feel as one with nature at Bushwise. Although they do their own safaris from their lodge, we had rented our own vehicle and Tim was more than happy to give us suggestions of where to go and what to do. We certainly will stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a room downstairs and the warthogs would come right up to our patio to visit!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank zebra949
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Our stay at Bushwise was a most enjoyable and pleasurable experience. Tim and Annette accommodated each and every one of our needs and requests. Their inter relationships and stories were truly superb and exceptionally valued. Without doubt my wife Katya and I would highly recommend Bushwise to anyone.
Thanks Tim and Annette for a treasured stay to be always remembered especially for our Canadian visitors.
Katya and Wayne

Room Tip: Upstair rooms by the bar and pool facilities.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2012

This was our third time in Bushwise Safari Lodge and this time we had treated ourselves to a fantastic two weeks stay and again we enjoyed every minute of it.
Almost every day we saw big herds of elephant, buffalo and sometimes rhino as well as fish eagle and waterbuck while walking along the fence to the Kruger Park or relaxing on the deck.
Already at breakfast baby warthogs were wrestling with each other or chasing francolins.
And then of course the visits to Kruger Park... marvellous.

Thank you so much - We can't wait to come back again next year.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple