“New Years Eve Splendor”
Review of Kitley House Hotel

Kitley House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Yealmpton
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Although we didn't stay overnight we had a fabulous evening, dinner, dancing and spectacular fireworks made it an evening to remember. The Gala dinner was amazing and the staff were fun, attentive and made everyone feel special!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Kitley House Hotel

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We decided to spend NYE at Kitley House, which included a 4 course meal, the nightly entertainment and a nights stay with breakfast. Upon arriving outside, my breath was taken away by how beautiful and magnificent the building was. Although it was only a few minutes from the main road where you turn off, it felt like we were in the middle of the countryside. It was peaceful and the scenery was stunning. We weren't disappointing upon entering, we were greeted by a friendly receptionist who was also most helpful on the phone to me, and the reception area was lovely and Christmassy with a log fire and gorgeous tree. Our room, although we didn't opt for an upgrade, was perfect. We had a lovely view of the estuary and the room itself was immaculate and spacious. We were glad we didn't pay extra, as we definitely didn't feel like we had settled for second best in this room!
Onto the meal- the food really was delicious. Drinks were pricey, but i suppose that's what you would expect in most hotels. The staff were pleasant and the entertainment was good. I personally would have preferred a DJ playing today's latest hits as opposed to a live band, but i was one of the youngest there and the music suited the older people.
Breakfast the next day was also faultless. Overall i would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone, in fact my partner and i might be going back for the Valentines package.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Kitley House has great character and fascinating history. We enjoyed it's location, the views and the surrounding countryside.

However our room No.15 was nothing special, although this was supposed to be the more spacious room on the second floor.

We invited two guests to join us for dinner and would say that the meal was only average.

On a positve note we could not fault the hotel staff, who were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We were fortunate to stay in a state room which was simply stunning, and we woke up to peace and quiet with magnificent views. The staff were friendly and attentive, along with roaring log fires, the setting and ambiance of the hotel would be hard to beat. The dining was excellent and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. I came away totally relaxed and can't wait to return again. I would thoroughly recommend a stay at Kitley House without hesitation to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I attended the murder mystery event with some work colleagues in December. I was actually quite upset and disheartened on what I thought would be a lovely evening.
The murder mystery it's self was actually awful, I've been to two before and this was by far shockingly disappointing.
My meal was quite frankly appalling, I ordered the steak. I couldn't cut through the steak with a knife it was that tough, when I eventually managed to cut a piece, I couldn't chew it. My chips were under cooked & mushroom over cooked. The ginger pudding i ordered was okay however I could not taste a single hint of ginger, so it was actually very bland.
On making a complaint the next morning, I waited over a week for my complaint to be even be acknowledged, even then I emailed Kitley house again and then received a reply.
I was offered to attend another evening at Kitley, however I would never ever go to Kitley House again, not only because of the diabolical food but the poor customer service.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank 901SophieC
Reviewed 3 January 2014

What a wonderful way to celebrate New Years Eve. Thank you for creating a lovely atmosphere & providing excellent food. The fireworks added a special touch. We stayed overnight, our room was comfortable however needs a little decorating. Thank you to the helpful & friendly staff who made it a special evening. Will definitely be making some return visits.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed at Kitley House over the Christmas period, 23rd - 27th December, with our three children aged 14, 12 & 10, and were all made to feel very welcome by the friendly & attentive staff, who worked tirelessly to ensure our stay was amazing. The Christmas bags of goodies left for us in our rooms was such a lovely touch. The food was excellent throughout the whole break, with entertainment from the Candlelight Theatre Company on the first two evenings and a Race Night, which were all thoroughly enjoyable. The house itself is a very grand country house, and although in need of a little attention in some areas, is still magnificent, in wonderful grounds which were a delight to walk in.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yealmpton
Boringdon Hall Hotel and Spa
Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa
The Smithaleigh Hotel
The Smithaleigh Hotel
#3 of 3 in Plympton

Been to Kitley House Hotel? Share your experiences!