Kitley House Hotel
Boringdon Arms(Plymouth)
  • Restaurant
Ibis Plymouth(Plymouth)
View Hotel
All reviewskitley housemurder mysterycream teastately homelong drivewaysconeswedding venuetheatre companylog firesome tlcfour poster bedstandard roomtop floorchurchill suitelovely locationcooked breakfastwarm welcome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had a 3 night stay in Kitley in the sumptuous Winston suite....It was like stepping into unadulterated luxury---- spacious , luxurious and every detail was second to none.... The bathroom reminded me of French style and was. decorated and designed by a very talented interior designer...The staff, fronted by the manager Gwen Mailey were helpful, courteous,friendly...in fact everything was catered for to make our stay that little bit more special.... Waking up in the morning to birdsong and looking over the fields to the sheep and the occasional pheasant, swan and ducks was just magical......A return visit is a must.....Jennifer and Alan

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

On Friday 30th May 2014 I finished work at 8 p.m. in Plymouth and had not booked any accommodation to fit in with the following day's work. Using my phone I found this location and rang. From the initial phone call, to my arrival, my evening meal and breakfast I felt at ease with very friendly staff, enjoying the excellent evening meal and breakfast - all at a very reasonable cost,, in fact excellent for the venue, the views and the stunning room

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We arrived to a very warm welcome. the room (Winston) exceeded all our expectations and the food was exceptional. The function was noisy and the children unruly but isn't that the parents fault! Breakfast was pleasant and plentiful.We will be staying there again, treat yourself and book a special deal as these are offered regularly.
Chris and Jackie .

Room Tip: Book the winston
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

After a long day on the road, walking into Kitley House was just what we needed. Lynda on reception greeted us with a warm smile and a welcoming heart. The hotel was absolutely stunning. We stayed in the Winston Suite. Our room was spacious and very tastefully decorated. Well appointed and just an absolute delight. The bed was comfortable and I am very fussy with pillows, but these were perfect. Bathroom products, also wonderful.
We were looking forward to a nice meal and were not disappointed. The restaurant was fantastic. The food was excellent and the service was just as good. We were serve drinks in the bar before dinner by the barman, who's name I didn't get, but a lovely engaging born n bred Yealmpton local. He engaged in conversation and knows how to make a fine drink. Nathan Imhave to say, is a major asset to this restaurant. His service and grace on the floor made our dining experience one to remember. I seriously can't fault my stay at Kitley and the only negative is I didn't think to spend more time here. Too good to waste on a one night stay on a road trip. Thank you to everyone for making the stay one that I can't wait to repeat. From check in to check out, you were excellent!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great staff, really warm welcome and comfortable, clean accommodation in a lovely setting.
Food good too, delicious - they must have a pretty good chef. Quality ingredients, pleasant dining experience, good service, white linen table cloths, warm plates… all the small things that make a difference.

THe house has a really good feel about it and it is a beautiful house. Log fire when you go on, grand piano, comfy chairs. Its quite quirky. A beautiful house but its all unpretentious. I loved it!

The grounds and setting make it all the more special. And you can have tea and drinks out in the garden. Great place to go for a relaxing weekend. You feel as if you are miles in the country but Plymouth is pretty close by.

I recommend a visit and I'm looking forward to returning myself.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends