“Beautiful!!”
Review of Kitley House Hotel

Kitley House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Yealmpton
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here as part of a wedding party in early may and I couldn't get over how beautiful and amazing it was. The house itself is stunning along with its grounds vast and green. Beautiful and breathtaking is all I can say!!!!

Our room was a little old fashioned and needed a bit of care but I looked at some other rooms which had been done up and modernised (including the bridal suite) and they really were very very nice. Our room was however comfy and clean.

The most stand out attribute to this hotel is its staff especially a younger guy (possibly called nicholas or andrew?? who helped coordinate the weeding). So organised that the day went down without a hitch, staff were controlled and I heard him speak to them so politley and efficiently, which I really appriciated. This guy really should be commended!! Also a man called Dan i think his name was? Again so organised and lovely. All the staff, wait staff, bar staff, desk were so helpful and efficient, you all really should be highly praised for you great work!

Food was lovely, both the evening meal and breakfast the next day, I assume the food they serve normally n the restaurant is similar.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Kitley House Hotel

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here with a friend on Thursday for the night and the location was very quaint and picturesque. The staff were very polite and the room was of a lovely standard as well, Kitley House comes highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the sarah martin suite to celebrate our first wedding anniversary as we have been to kitley a few times in the past. As usual, lovely welcoming place with amazing surroundings and scrummy food and drink. Cant recommend enough!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had a 3 night stay in Kitley in the sumptuous Winston suite....It was like stepping into unadulterated luxury---- spacious , luxurious and every detail was second to none.... The bathroom reminded me of French style and was. decorated and designed by a very talented interior designer...The staff, fronted by the manager Gwen Mailey were helpful, courteous,friendly...in fact everything was catered for to make our stay that little bit more special.... Waking up in the morning to birdsong and looking over the fields to the sheep and the occasional pheasant, swan and ducks was just magical......A return visit is a must.....Jennifer and Alan

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

On Friday 30th May 2014 I finished work at 8 p.m. in Plymouth and had not booked any accommodation to fit in with the following day's work. Using my phone I found this location and rang. From the initial phone call, to my arrival, my evening meal and breakfast I felt at ease with very friendly staff, enjoying the excellent evening meal and breakfast - all at a very reasonable cost,, in fact excellent for the venue, the views and the stunning room

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We arrived to a very warm welcome. the room (Winston) exceeded all our expectations and the food was exceptional. The function was noisy and the children unruly but isn't that the parents fault! Breakfast was pleasant and plentiful.We will be staying there again, treat yourself and book a special deal as these are offered regularly.
Chris and Jackie .

Room Tip: Book the winston
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

After a long day on the road, walking into Kitley House was just what we needed. Lynda on reception greeted us with a warm smile and a welcoming heart. The hotel was absolutely stunning. We stayed in the Winston Suite. Our room was spacious and very tastefully decorated. Well appointed and just an absolute delight. The bed was comfortable and I am very fussy with pillows, but these were perfect. Bathroom products, also wonderful.
We were looking forward to a nice meal and were not disappointed. The restaurant was fantastic. The food was excellent and the service was just as good. We were serve drinks in the bar before dinner by the barman, who's name I didn't get, but a lovely engaging born n bred Yealmpton local. He engaged in conversation and knows how to make a fine drink. Nathan Imhave to say, is a major asset to this restaurant. His service and grace on the floor made our dining experience one to remember. I seriously can't fault my stay at Kitley and the only negative is I didn't think to spend more time here. Too good to waste on a one night stay on a road trip. Thank you to everyone for making the stay one that I can't wait to repeat. From check in to check out, you were excellent!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yealmpton
Boringdon Hall Hotel and Spa
Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa
The Smithaleigh Hotel
The Smithaleigh Hotel
#3 of 3 in Plympton

Been to Kitley House Hotel? Share your experiences!