“Great wedding venue”
Review of Kitley House Hotel

Kitley House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Yealmpton
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We recently had our wedding here. All the staff were absolutely fantastic and it was really personal service. Food was excellent and the bridal suite huge. A fabulous venue all round. We booked for exclusive use which was great and also had a meal on the Friday night to extend the weekend - this was all accommodated easily.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Last time we were at Kitley House Hotel there were buckets everywhere trying to catch the rainwater pouring through the holes in the roof.
What a transformation. The new owner has done a super job in getting the hotel back up to its usual high standard. It's early days yet but the hotel is gradually going thro' a massive renovation programme and each room is getting a badly needed makeover. The staff are brilliant, very attentive and always obliging and the food is wonderful.
Stay at this hotel and you won't be disappointed, it cannot be faulted!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank xdrumma
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We attended a wedding this weekend at kitley. The staff are all very friendly and the food was outstanding for function food. Alot of time had been spent on the plating considering how many meals were being sent. Flavours were also good. Only slight gripe was i felt breakfast didnt live up to the same quality we had come to expect from everything else. All in all very well organised and the venue made for an amazing day

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Well I came onto trip advisor too let you all know about my experience but before I start I was totally shocked to see a couple of reviews dis the restaurant & food now not sure if they went to the same Kitley House as myself & 8 other guess, we went there to celebrate my nephew birthday we arrived and was greeted by the receptionist the reception area was very welcoming with open fire & and leather sofa's we made our way to the bar ordered drinks which was brought out to us as we sat in the lovely gardens., while we were having our drinks the menu was brought out to us so we could choose our meal there was no pressure & they let us take as long as we wanted because to tell you the truth it was hard to choose what to have because it all sounded so delicious , once we ordered we were shown to our table which was situated at the bay window (in my opinion probably the best table ). Well about the food not really sure what words best describe how delicious & tasty the food was in my opinion one of the most flavourable meals and the way the food was presented on the large white plates was almost to good to eat. One of the most likeable things for me is that everything is cooked fresh to order so a little wait between course is perfect as one of my pet hates is finishing one course & the next is in front of you before your pallet can finish savouring all the delicious flavours.The restaurant service was also exceptional and the staff were very friendly & welcoming & they made sure that all of our request & needs were never to much to ask for. Now I would like to say To Kitley, Vivien Marshall & all of her kitchen / restaurant staff you get 100% of my vote, for those of you who have not been it's a must don't miss out go try it for yourself

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gail N
Reviewed 18 July 2014

we stayed at kitley house with friends for a week the food was absoulutly gorgeous , the staff were very helpful and friendly nothing was too much bother. lovely walks in the grounds kitley house itself was beautiful we stayed in old mother hubbards suite some of the suites were being refurbished.all in all a very relaxing holiday we all enjoyed it tremendasly

Room Tip: we stayed on ground floor ... no stairs to go up
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Josie A
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have recently enjoyed a break at this historical hotel set in acres of woodland. The food was exceptional and the staff attentive and friendly. The hotel is undergoing a gradual refurbishment and areas completed are very pleasing. We had a luxurious bedroom and bathroom. The leather sofas in the wonderful entrance hall are somewhat out of character but may be the refurbishment will see these changed to something more sympathetic. The grand entrance will then come alive and be more welcoming. The grounds are full of natural interest. Such a magical setting. So enjoyed our stay and can thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had a table booked for my 50th birthday,as we had come here before for a murder mystery which was quite good.
Our table was booked for 6.30 but as we were waiting for the rest of the family to turn up we thought that we would get a drink at the bar but were shown to our table which was situated by the very large bay window, the sunshine was blinding and we were baking hot and could not open the windows too far as the latches were broken and the windows started banging when there was a bit of wind.
I was looking forward to the meal which promised a very good chef who had been there for a number of years.
In all honesty I thought that the food was very creative in presentation but lacked the cooking skills. The starter was a shock as I know starters are small but not quite so small as a the three king prawns but not as bad as the teaspoon of noodles was
Raw vegetables and not even al dente.The pork that we had was bleeding on the edges near the fatty parts as my 12 year old son and his cousin had pointed out to me. A few of us ordered the ginger cheescake and was dismayed at the lumps of pure ginger that were left in it as there was no need for that and the rhubarb on the side was still hard.
My partner is a vegetarian and he had the lentil bowl and it came in a flower pot (which was lovely and creative and had cress like weeds growing out of the top) but had to laugh as there was a raw carrot sticking out of the top and he nearly broke his tooth chomping into it.
It was one of the things that he could eat, (apart from the carrot) but I make him things like
this all the time. The plates also were a bit overly large, a bit over the top.

Saying this the waitress and waiter were very very lovely and made the experience a lot nicer.
My mum thought that the house was lovely and she wants to stay there for a night.

all in all though the evening was not too bad apart from the food

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yealmpton
Boringdon Hall Hotel and Spa
Plantation House Hotel and Restaurant
Elfordleigh Hotel
Elfordleigh Hotel
#16 of 21 in Plymouth

Been to Kitley House Hotel? Share your experiences!