Rose & Crown(Yealmpton)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$184
US$177
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$196/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$147
Hotels.com
US$87
Ibis Plymouth(Plymouth)
US$71
US$69
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$82/night.

US$103
  • Restaurant
US$99
  • Restaurant
All reviewskitley housemurder mysterystate roomscream teastately homelong drivewaywedding venuesconeslog firesome tlcstandard roomfour poster bedtop floorlovely locationcooked breakfastchurchill suitewarm welcome
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fabulous large stone house set in the wonderful Devon country side down by the river Yealm. We were shown to a large and airy dining room with elevated views over gardens and the river....large windows, lots of original features, generous sized table with crisp white cloth, comfy chairs and a attentive friendly waitress ....all made our afternoon tea rather special.
All the food was delicious, made in the hotel....couldn't fault it.
Very relaxed and a fabulous thing to do for a special event.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On driving to the Hotel I was little concerned at the rough road, but realised later this is a good thing it keeps others out.

If you want a town hotel with the noise of traffic, concrete, lost of people carry on down the A38 to Plymouth, if you want peace, space, clean comfortable airey, rooms with a fantastic view this is the place, then theres the food and the B fast superb and the staff, what can I say other than it was the first time I have ever left a tip with Reception when leaving in the morning.

Apparently they were busy the night I stayed, there were certainly plenty of cars on the carpark, but it all works so well that it did not seem busy at all.

Room Tip: You will be spoiled for choice
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We visited on the spur of the moment and got a very reasonable room rate for three adults. Having read the reviews we were not expecting the room to be brilliant but what a surprise! Our room on the top floor, accessed through many doors and a couple of flights of stairs, is brilliant. In fact it is two rooms. The main double with an adjoining room with two beds. Admittedly the views are restricted, but who sits in a bedroom looking out the window?!

The bathroom is nice and clean, with a good shower, better than many hotels we have stayed. My 6’2” son also commented that the shower was nice and high!

The grounds are beautiful, with lovely walks and views. We enjoyed sitting on the terrace sampling the extensive range of gins and rums. We had a superb, and reasonably priced meal in the restaurant.

The staff are friendly and helpful. And everyone is right about the driveway!

All in all an excellent stay. I would highly recommend Kitley House Hotel and will be coming back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
KitleyHotel-GM, Manager at Kitley House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Dear KtK2,

Thank you for your comments.

We are all delighted you had such a pleasant stay.

We have been working hard to to offer the best possible service.

The driveway is actually getting resurfaced. This is getting completed the week off 11th June.

We will look forward to seeing you in the future,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I attended the Summer Garden Fete with my wife and three children.
After queuing for fifteen minutes at the bbq we were handed 3 dry hamburgers and 2 dry sausages in rolls at a cost of £25:00.
I was surprised to see the chef delivering the burgers in large silver cooking trays to the bbq for finishing (presumably the burgers were cooked in the kitchen ovens prior to the bbq). This resulted in the burgers being over cooked and dry.
A further disappointment was that there were no onions to accompany the food.
I have visited Kitley House many times and always found the food exceptional.
I know I was not alone in being disappointed as many other visitors felt the same. Are real shame as the weather was glorious and so is the venue.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Spinglamigo,

I am very sorry for the disappointing experience you had at the Summer Fair last Bank Holiday Monday.

As I mentioned below, we got the catering wrong, it was a new experience catering for the amount of numbers we had and not expecting 2000 guests, definitely caught us out.

I have also said this will not happen again when we do another event. We have already had discussions in why it went wrong and what we are going to do to change it.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Went to the Kitley house fete. Expecting great things. We ordered the afternoon cream tea as have previously had and was wonderful. Felt like Kitley were conning everyone. Scones were smaller than usual and half a strawberry and no pot of tea but tea in a papercup. You may have forgiven them if they had reduced the price from normal for the reduced service and amounts but no Kitley house still kept the price at £8.95. Shame on you. If you reduce both the quantity and quality reduce the price.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear niki_billing,

Thank you for taking the time to place your comments.

As you mentioned we do have wonderful cream tea's. Below I mentioned the sheer numbers for this event, caught us out.

I am sorry you did have the same service, I had never planned for this to happen on the Bank Holiday Monday. Like I said previously, we learnt a great deal from not executing the catering to our normal standards. It will not happen again.

Kind regards,