“Great pub”

Price range: US$11 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A lovely welcoming Village Pub with an excellent A La Carte Menu which includes Pub Favourites as well as creative restaurant dishes. We are situated in Yealmpton which is a beautiful South Hams village a few miles outside Plymouth in Devon. We have 2 lovely gardens for sunnier times, but our stylish village pubs also offers real comfort inside especially with our log fire and sofas. We are dog friendly, we have disabled access and facilities as well as children's highchairs and changing room. We also have a large Car Park. We also have a separate Function room available for parties and events.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great pub”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Dropped in for a quick pint and something to eat whilst stopover on business and was incredibly surprised. I ordered the Steak burger in Brioche roll, service was very quick and the pub was quite busy. Great burger Great Value Great service...cheers guys, i hope to drop in again!

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Don't order the curry”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We went to the pub the same time last year, and at that time I gave it a good review. This time around I ordered the curry and was amazed to find that when it was eventually served, there was a healthy mound of boiled rice with literally three or four small pieces of chicken. When I complained, I was told that was normal for this dish, but she would discuss the problem with the chef. She returned with a more acceptable plateful of chicken. However I am amazed anyone would think the original plate was anything like acceptable. There are many good and reasonably proved restaurants in this area, regretfully this is no longer one of them. Give it a miss

4 Thank SiameseTomCat
Ivybridge, United Kingdom
“65th birthday treat”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Myself and my family visited Th Rose & Crown for my 65th birthday treat and WOW what a meal the food was excellent and the staff were polite friendly and efficient especially the young man who served us most of the evening (sorry can't remember his name) . I would and will recommend this place to everyone I meet. Many Thanks to everyone at the Rose & Crown you made my day.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Standards have slipped since last time”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We had been here a few months ago and had a lovely meal so thought we would like to return.

This time everything seemed slightly different and the food was defiantly not up to scratch. My roast port was cold, fatty and flappy, roast pots not crispy, veg over cooked and generally not as tasty. There was a rumor the old chef had left, I would get him back as I'm not the only one who won't be returning if things don't improve.

2 Thank bf_evo
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“overpriced/ slow service”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My partner and i went to the rose and crown tonight the 7th june and we left without dessert as the wait was ridiculous in fact we could have left without paying the bill and nobody would of noticed it was so understaffed and the young people serving were just oblivious to us, the food when it did arrive was in small portions i would honestly say it was pretty poor all round and we wont be going again!

2 Thank ruffinp38