“Superb Food & Atmosphere - Visited twice inside 3 days !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rose & Crown

Rose & Crown
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Yealmpton
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A lovely welcoming Village Pub with an excellent A La Carte Menu which includes Pub Favourites as well as creative restaurant dishes. We are situated in Yealmpton which is a beautiful South Hams village a few miles outside Plymouth in Devon. We have 2 lovely gardens for sunnier times, but our stylish village pubs also offers real comfort inside especially with our log fire and sofas. We are dog friendly, we have disabled access and facilities as well as children's highchairs and changing room. We also have a large Car Park. We also have a separate Function room available for parties and events.
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
“Superb Food & Atmosphere - Visited twice inside 3 days !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Visited on Saturday 9th August with my wife & we both had the 2 course early bird menu (tempura mackerel followed by whole plaice & chips) which was excellent value for money.
We went back again on Monday 11th August & took my sister & brother-in-law. This time we chose from the main menu & all thoroughly enjoyed our meals - I opted for the steak burger which I have had several times before & it certainly didn't disappoint.
I live in Yealmpton so it is great to have such a wonderful pub/restaurant within walking distance & always find the food/service excellent - LONG MAY IT CONTINUE !!!!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Almost very good...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

First impressions aren't great - the outside paint is awful and car park resembles a shanty town. However the bar is great and staff are very welcoming. The menu is well rounded but uninspiring, yet the food itself is very good. The staff could do with some more training, especially when it comes to after-dinner drinks, but are very friendly and add to an overall nice experience.

1 Thank awlck
Yealmpton, England, United Kingdom
“"Mussels"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Enjoyed a family celebration seated in the private dining room last night.
I chose the mussels. They were absolutely amazing! Delicious food all around the table. Service from the lovely staff was attentive but not intrusive. We love this pub, whether we are dining or drinking! :)

• Visited August 2014
“I know it is my local, but I am so lucky to have this excellent pub&restaurant on my door step ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I live now for several years in Yealmpton and the Rose&Crown has been one of the best gastro-pubs of Devon. The pub has an interesting clientele, a wide selection of beers and ales, and bit expensive wines and the food has both pub and restaurant menus. Food is good. The staff is pleasant and polite. The surrounding modern with alcohol inspired slogans on the war. The beer garden is walled in and has a pound. Highly recommended.

2 Thank Gerard H
“Return visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We tend to visit the Rose & Crown every few months.we heard rumours that there was a new chef,on making enquiries this was confirmed. Well " compliments to the chef " . My husband had the crab soup for starters which looked good and indeed tasted so.He had the belly pork and myself the lambs liver,both really good meals and just the right size portions.
Service by the bar gentleman and also the waitress could not be faulted. Well done everyone.

1 Thank Pickles12why