“Great food and very friendly atmosphere.”
Review of The Volunteer Inn

The Volunteer Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Yealmpton
Price range: US$3 - US$18
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Traditional Pub Food
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My wife and I were out for the afternoon in the area and pass the volunteer Inn and decided to stop for a bite to eat.. We were so glad we did on entering the pub we were greeted by the landlord a very friendly guy and so willing to please.. we had a look at the menu which was a very appetising... My wife decided on the hunters chicken and I had the mixed grill and we shared a caersa salad we were not disappointed.. The hunters chicken served with chips and veg was so suculatent and the portions size was well worth it.. My mixed grill was lovely I had steak gammon 2 saugages and lots of side compilments... great food for little money.. We then had deserts my wife had the chocolate brownie served with icecream and cream and I had the lemon meringue icecream sundie lovely... and with drink it all came to under £30 for both of us.. good homecooked food in a very friendly village pub.. we will be returning and recommend to our friends.. Thank you to the volunteer for making a great end to a good day out :-)

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We have just had yet another lovely Sunday Roast at the Volunteer Pub in Yealmpton. It's always a real treat to be able to go and be made really welcome by the landlady, landlord, and the all staff who work very hard to make sure you have a relaxing and enjoyable time. Whether its a week day or weekend the food is always tasty and plentiful, the atmosphere is friendly and a warm welcome guaranteed. Thank you guys! We will be returning again soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

A really friendly pub with a good atmosphere. Lovely local pub and nice food .made to feel welcome by the staff and local's will be returning soon...

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Called in over the Xmas/New Year period. This is about our 4th visit. Excellent little pub. Limited menu but what they do they do very well and its excellent value. If you are looking for good beer/wine, good food at a very reasonable cost do not miss out. Run by a very nice young couple who deserve to succeed.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Had a fabulous Sunday lunch here with friends. The food very well presented and vegetables served separately. Staff very attentive and everything we had a very enjoyable lunch at a great price too