“Very friendly local with pleasant food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Yealmpton
Price range: US$2 - US$16
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Traditional Pub Food
London, United Kingdom
“Very friendly local with pleasant food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

As per my review title, very friendly, usually busy local pub that serves a limited food menu. The steaks are great value & along with the burgers & fish 'n chips, are the best option on the menu in my opinion. Our visits have included Steak pie which was tasty but very salty & gloopy gravy as was the sausage dish. They don't offer starters & the desserts are limited too. If you choose carefully, you can have a good value meal in unpretentious surroundings.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Popped in for lunch whilst out for a drive and was not dissappointed;the menu is just right with not to many choices,i had the steak pie and the other half had ham,eggs & chips.The pie was delicious,hot with more than enought chips.My wifes ham was the real mccoy with two eggs and so many chips that i had to help her eat them.The licencee and his wife are a young couple and are very friendly and helpful.We visited here over 12mths ago and the standards are just as good as our previous visit.If you are in the area then it is well worth a visit and the prices are amazing considering the large portions.Well recommended.

“Great value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I will say upfront that this is my local but after Sunday lunch (roast pork) today, I have decided that there is simply no point in me cooking Sunday lunch. Good food and plenty of it at a great price. If you are in the area, do yourself a favour and try it.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy food, great value for money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

We have visited the volunteer on many occasions and have to say the food is excellent, especially the steaks! We are always made to feel very welcome and the couple who run it are lovely, its great value for money and would advise a visit if you are in the area.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank boyo198
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Great food and very friendly atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

My wife and I were out for the afternoon in the area and pass the volunteer Inn and decided to stop for a bite to eat.. We were so glad we did on entering the pub we were greeted by the landlord a very friendly guy and so willing to please.. we had a look at the menu which was a very appetising... My wife decided on the hunters chicken and I had the mixed grill and we shared a caersa salad we were not disappointed.. The hunters chicken served with chips and veg was so suculatent and the portions size was well worth it.. My mixed grill was lovely I had steak gammon 2 saugages and lots of side compilments... great food for little money.. We then had deserts my wife had the chocolate brownie served with icecream and cream and I had the lemon meringue icecream sundie lovely... and with drink it all came to under £30 for both of us.. good homecooked food in a very friendly village pub.. we will be returning and recommend to our friends.. Thank you to the volunteer for making a great end to a good day out :-)

• Visited February 2014