Trend Mountain Hotel & Conference Centre
US$133
Great 4.5/5
Average 3/5
    Brookside Inn(Chetwynd)
    No availability for your dates from our partners
    Tumbler Ridge Inn(Tumbler Ridge)
    Average 3/5
    Good 3.5/5
    All reviewsplace to stayremote locationfruitbaconseparate bedroomservice was greatother placeskitchen areajacuzzi tubdecent selectionthe hotel staffsmall kitchennice hoteltrendtownbusinessfacilities
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 20 October 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights in September.
    The rooms are very comfortable and clean.Breakfast was OK , but replenishing the stocks would make it perfect!
    Only gripe was the other guests smoking around the main entrance.
    The staff were friendly and dogs were made welcome!
    WE liked the steak house, it made it all very convenient.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
    Reviewed 5 March 2011

In my opinion, this property is definitely the nicest place to stay in Tumbler Ridge. The rooms are clean, beds are comfy and staff are friendly. I was a little disappointed in the gym. Plenty of equipment but the room was a little neglected. Very peaceful and a pretty good selection of breakfast cereals, toast and fruit before getting on with the day. I stayed in one of the rooms with a king bed which is in a separate room from the kitchenette and living room area. Good office/desk space as well. The internet was a little spotty but if one is desperate... apparently the reception is always good in the lobby/breakfast room. At $149 it might be a little pricey for pleasure but definitely a good investment for the business traveler or worker. Now.. if I could only find a decent restaurant in the town!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
    2  Thank NorthernRoadie
    Reviewed 24 May 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Days Inn which is now the Best Western in Tumbler Ridge during our trip to Alaska. Our car broke down on our way to Kinisuo Falls and we ended up spending two nights here. First of all the service was great! There were two gentleman that managed the entire hotel and they were very kind and courteous and very helpful throughout our stay there.

The hotel room was very clean and comfortable to stay. There's breakfast included which is served 6am to 10am. Overall, great experience. Highly recommended that if you're headed towards Dawson Creek, detour to Tumbler Ridge, check out the Falls and the Dinosaur Trecks and spend a night at the Best Western!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank TripSingh
    Reviewed 6 August 2008

I stayed at the Days Inn Tumbler Ridge for work, at the recommendation of my colleague who advised against staying at one of the more dated motels in Tumbler Ridge. Overall, it was a very enjoyable stay at the Days Inn and I would stay there again.

This was my first time visiting Tumbler Ridge, so I didn't know my way around town. Despite this, I found the hotel very quickly, just outside of the city centre. This is a very new hotel, having just opened in 2008, so the parking lot was not finished when I stayed there. I assume it will be paved very shortly.

Tumbler Ridge is a lovely community and quite safe as a whole, and this hotel's location is no exception. I felt well at ease during my stay. The hotel is a favourite among the work crews employed in the surrounding areas of Tumbler Ridge, so it can have a bit of an industrial feel to it, but guests of all backgrounds will feel comfortable here.

I stayed on the first floor, in a suite facing the parking lot. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. It was very large, with exceptionally high ceilings. There was a kitchen area, a living room, and a bedroom separated by French doors.

The bedroom was very nice, with a lovely bed covered in a fluffy white duvet, fluffy white pillows and soft white linens. The mattress was quite comfortable. Also in the bedroom were two night stands, a leather armchair in the corner, and a closet. For those who like to watch TV while in bed, I should mention that there wasn't a TV in the bedroom.

The living room was nice but felt a little empty. There weren't any paintings or pictures, but I chalked this up to the hotel being new. I assume the decorating will be completed in the near future. There was a large leather couch in the living room and a glass-covered coffee table. I'm not a fan of unsecured glass panels on table tops, especially when kids will be around. Hopefully they plan to insert adhesive or grip tabs to prevent the panels from being pushed around and becoming hazards.

Also in the living area was a TV, a working desk and a leather office chair. I was happy to find that standard satellite television was provided. Given the remote location of Tumbler Ridge, I had not planned on this being a given. Lighting was quite limited in the living room. I'm not sure if they're planning to install more fixtures on the ceiling or simply add some lamps, but more lighting is definitely needed.

The kitchen was quite large, and included stools at the counter, a microwave, oven, stove, fridge, and a sink. It was also well-stocked with cooking utensils, cutlery, dishware and basic linens. Overall, the kitchen was pretty clean, but I did notice food (fries and other bits) between the kitchen cabinet and the fridge, and along the bottom of the cabinets.

The bathroom was on the small side, as I have noticed is the trend at Days Inn and Super 8 hotels. As I have mentioned in my other reviews, these bathrooms present a minor inconvenience to solo/business travellers, but could be quite bothersome for a family. Aside from that, the towels were clean, as were the shower and toilet. Basic supplies (shampoo, soap, etc.) were supplied, as usual.

The hotel staff I encountered were very nice and happy to help. Being unfamiliar with Tumbler Ridge, I called the front desk and a staff member kindly provided directions to the places I needed to go, and answered my many questions about services and businesses in Tumbler Ridge.

There is small convenience store on-site, operated by the hotel itself. It's located in a room next to the check-in counter. I was able to go in, help myself to snacks, drinks, and other basic items, and then pay at the check-in counter. This is very convenient for anyone that may arrive after the local grocery store downtown closes.

In the morning, a deluxe continental breakfast is provided in a seating area just off of the lobby. I was running late and didn't get a chance to have any, but it smelled good!

Finally, a quick overview of other amenities at this hotel that I didn't have a chance to use/look at, but are worth noting: Exercise room, free 24-hour business self-serve centre, high-speed Internet in all rooms (surprising!), and in-room safes.

Overall, I had a nice stay. They still have some bugs to work out, which is to be expected with a brand-new property, but I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends or colleagues visiting Tumbler Ridge.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business