“Good home cooking”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good home cooking”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We visited one evening and both ate off the excellent value table d'hote menu, €20.50 for three courses plus coffee. The pate was delicious and served with crisp melba toast, beautifully presented. The prawn cocktail had plenty of prawns and reminded us of good, honest prawn cocktails of the nineties. The rump steak was absolutely perfectly cooked at medium rare. The grilled pork was more like a grilled pork chop,rather than the Spanish pork fillet I was hoping for. It was a little dry but tasty nonetheless. This is why this review is getting four stars not five. Both mains came with a good selection of side orders. We ordered extra peppercorn sauce which was not charged for. For dessert we were given a wide selection of options. We chose fresh strawberries and ice cream and a cheeseboard and were able to request just the cheeses we wanted. Overall good value and tasty food well cooked and presented.

• Visited June 2014

Paignton, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We allways eat here, paco the chef is shere brilliance? Bob part owner and waiter has a rathsr dry sense of humour and is misunderst the food is A1 dont understand bad reviews if they were not hsppy with the foood they should say and paco would be happg to oblige!

• Visited May 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Another excellent meal”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Have just returned from The Green Olive tonight. Have visited here several times over the years. Food still excellent and friendly service. Evening menu €20.50 for 3 courses with a good variety. Choice of 4 starters and main courses and 6 desserts. Spoiled for choice - and we couldn't eat it all!

• Visited May 2014
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Best chef around”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The best food I've eaten out since I can remember.Paco the chef is top class.The steaks are delicious and the chicken sceweres and sea food are the best I've ever had.Top class food cooked top class will definatly be back in May

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank sarahg349
“Nice steaks, shame about the service”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We went last summer and would not go again only because the owner was awful. He actually said can you hurry up! There were only 2 other tables occupied, it was early in the evening about half past 7 and we had only sat down and had a few sips of wine. It was so awful it was funny. My husband wanted to leave and had we not ordered a bottle of wine and just got our 1 year old settled in a(extremely grubby) highchair I would have got up and walked off and found somewhere else to eat (which wouldnt be difficult the paseo has many good restaurants. Miel next door I have had most items off their menu and all are excellent and much better value for money than the green olive.) Anyway, the other waiter was lovely and the food was quite nice. I have had better steaks but I have also had much worse. My husband had surf and turf which was steak with ONE langostine and cost 3euros more so quite an expensive little morsel! The starters were ok. Mussells very nice but again could have been a slightly larger portion for the price or priced a bit lower for the size of portion. When I spoke to a friend who also lives locally he said that himself and some friends had eaten there and all become ill and he would have warned me not to go if I had had mentioned it! Oh well, we have a funny story to tell about restaurant service. My husband just asked me what Im typing laughing to myself, when I told him he said Oh God not that place with the fat, ignorant b@$/@#*, we should have just got up and left, at least he didnt poison us for our 100euros!

• Visited June 2013