“Excellent food and value for money”
Review of La Bodega de Genal

La Bodega de Genal
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and value for money”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We visit The Bodega every time we're in the area visiting family. As stated in previous reviews, 3 tapa and a drink for 6 euros, is fantastic value. The tapa are, I think, all homemade and the lasagne here beats any Italian restaurant I have been to in the area and, of course, you can sit outside on the Paseo watching the world go by. What more would you want?

• Visited November 2011

London, UK
“Great fresh tapas dishes”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We always visit La Bodega when we are in Spain. The tapas dishes are freshly made, very tasty and extremely good value.
My personal favourites are the mini lasagne and the garlic mushrooms but there are different specials on every day.
The restaurant is situated on the paseo in Sabinillas with uninterrupted views of the Med.
I believe it is open every day except Monday.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Psychopath
London
“Excellent food/service. Great value and oustanding view”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Visited La Bodega de Genal a few times and always had first class service and tapa's.
The staff are friendly and courteous, the food always excellent.

All this with unrestricted views of the Med.

Visited August 2011
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Great food, great prices (€6 for three tapa and a drink), wifi and friendly service.

We will be back.

• Visited July 2011
Dublin, Ireland
“Differing opinions”
Reviewed 20 October 2011

My husband was very impressed with this place, their offer of 3 Tapas and a beer for €6 was very good value. He enjoyed the food and the choice he had was great.

On the other had the house wine I had was not at all nice, and the vegetarian tapas were nothing to write home about, I found the mushrooms to be bland and watery, the noodle cake, while unusual at first, was boring after a bite or two and I can't even remember what the third one I got was.

Although based on the great reviews, maybe I was just unlucky. Don't let it put you off, give it a try. One of us loved it, one of us couldn't see the charm. It's cheap enough and pretty enough to warrant a trip yourself if in the area.

Visited October 2011