“Great place”
Review of Bar el Refugio

Bar el Refugio
Price range: US$1 - US$14
Reviewed 30 September 2017

What a lovely find after all the other restaurants we finally found a little bit of Spain. Spanish little tapas bar. Beautiful sangria. We came here 4 times in our 2 week holiday at least. We walked from the marina to Castillo which is a pleasant stroll along the promenade. Love this place. More traditional

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Stumbled across this place, and it's very nice. Not the usual white walls but a bit of timber like an old pub you would get in Cornwall. Don't wait to be served outside, we found it much quicker to go into the bar. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Within Puerto Duquesa there is an absolutely shortage of bars and restaurants selling anything remotely Spanish. 5 mins walk away from the port is this absolute oasis.
A small main menu and tapas but by doing that, what they serve is all excellent, the peppers, aubergines and prawns are fabulous also the pork stew is well worth a mention.
It is head and shoulders above anything else we've eat in and around the port and a lot more keenly price.
A must.

1  Thank Hugh S
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

First night on holiday, popped in for beer and tapas, very good indeed, after working out we had to order at the bar, the prawns and meatballs where both fabulous. Staff very friendly, the old guy was funny, didn't speak a word of English though. Very enjoyable evening.

2  Thank yoz08
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We passed trough Manilva and decided to get something to eat. After checking the reviews, we went with El Refugio. Ordered a burger and pint for me and my wife had a Serranito de lomo and a glass of wine. Have to say I was delighted when my order came. At first bite of the burger I was blown away. Best burger I ate in Spain so far. But when my wife asked me to try the serranito, all went to hell. Bread was old and dry, the meat inside as well. That was the worst serranito we had. Too bad as it started almost perfect.