Brook Farm
Travelocity
Travelodge Ludlow Hotel(Ludlow)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$169
US$147
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This was our second visit to Brook Farm, having stayed at The Hen House a couple of years ago (Sarah and Will's self catering cottage located within the gardens). Our first visit was wonderful but bed and breakfast at Brook Farm surpassed all our expectations. It is like going to a 5 star hotel, with all the luxuries but without the formality. The attention to detail is incredible. We attended a family wedding and warned Sarah and Will that we might be late but when we got back, the wood burning stove and tea lights in our sitting room were lit, and we were welcomed with tea, coffee, damson vodka and brandy, so were able to unwind and enjoy the comforts of home. Breakfast was amazing; in fact everything was amazing from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. We also loved reading Sarah's blogs which were so enjoyable and insightful. Brook Farm really is an exceptional place to stay and we will definitely be back for a third visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Fvanoef
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Oh you lovely people thank you! Your enthusiasm makes all the hard work worthwhile and thank you so much for your lovely comments about my blog and your encouragement to keep writing which sent me off on my own holiday full of great plans!! Sarah x

Reviewed 8 October 2011

Sarah and Will welcome you into their beautiful home in the countryside with grace. The attention to detail is faultless from little postcards already postage stamped for your use, to Nurafen and hair bands in the bathroom drawer. Sarah's cooking is also delicious and imaginative.
As the temperature had started to drop we really welcomed the log burner in the sitting room on our arrival and on our return from dinner that evening. Fantastic would thoroughly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank CortadoOxfordshire
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Thank you very much for that. It's nice when people notice the 'little touches' not least because it proves to my husband that my 'fiddling about' is all worth it! Sarah x

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Truly amazing! I don't know how Sarah manages it all and with such good grace as well as no hint of tiredness. This place is clearly a labor of love, it shows in every fine detail. The house is beautifully decorated, cosy and very peaceful. The garden was exquisite, unusual and could easily be compared to some of the best national trust gardens I have visited. Sarah has not only fine cooking skills but is a wonderful artist when it comes to presenting meals and the layout of other food and drink available in brook farm. I think what makes a difference at Brook Farm is the intention to care for each guest individually and I think this is more in Sarah's heart than any other motivation. Beautiful touches such daily fresh flowers in the room and on the breakfast table as well ad herbs from the garden on the breakfast plate indicated a love of making people feel cosy and welcome. I really appreciate such good taste, good manners, attention to detail and compassion displayed by both Sarah and William.

I have not mentioned William, who welcomed us with a glass of wine even though we were distastefully late! He also was keen to make sure our stay was pleasant, he had a wonderful dry sense of humour and always seemed to offer solutions to any problems (none related to Brook Farm). He to seemed like a person who had a genuine interest in making people happy.

Then there are the animals! Meeting two jolly dogs every morning and evening was bliss, meeting the cats and having cat cuddles by the fire a joy. Words cannot describe how much I loved watching these animals, including the chickens, donkeys and sheep just potter about their business truly comfortable and being loved and cared for. Being able to feed the donkeys and the unusual funny sheep was one of the highlights of my trip.

Our room was very comfortable, very clean (I have exceptionally high standards) and the colours chosen really complemented the space and structure. I find it overwhelmingly difficult to relax, I have stayed in many upper end boutique hotels, B&Bs and cottages but none so effectively decorated and furnished as this one for relaxation.

My partner joe and I will certainly return and already feel that Brook Farm is where we would like to be for our honeymoon.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Scenicus
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2011

Thank you thank you thank you!! What an amazing review! I loved having you two here for the week and am hugely flattered that you would like to come for your honeymoon. And such praise for the garden too! That and the love you showed the animals have definitely got you a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for you! Sarah xx

Reviewed 30 August 2011

Down windy lanes in the beautiful countryside and you find this special place. We wanted a little weekend getaway and this B&B really delivered. Set in a stunnning english country garden Brook Farm is home to Willy and Sarah who are just brilliant. It was 3 weeks ago that we stayed here and we are still talking about it. I have told everyone who will listen about how perfect Brook Farm is and many of my family and friends are jealous and want to visit too. Luxury at all times - from the tea and cake on arrival to the brandy and damson vodka served alongside delicious shortbread biscuits and Lindt chocolates in the lounge at evening time. Nothing is overlooked or missed out. Then, just when you think that it couldn't get any better, you go down for breakfast. Have the scrambled eggs, they are the best eggs I have ever had- superb!! (As a vegetarian I also appreciated the advice from Sarah about nearby places to eat that don't just give you one menu choice). Brook Farm is really great value for money and we will certainly be back. If you want to feel content and to relax then this is the place to go. I know that I am gushing but if you visit here you will see why we are all leaving such fantastic reviews. Thank you for such a lovely time!!!

Room Tip: If you have a bad back then go for the Green room as it has an orthopaedic mattress
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna M

Thank you Anna - such a lovely review - I'm feeling very pleased indeed :-) You were brilliant at noticing every single little touch which makes all the hard work so worthwhile. I love gushers - so thank you for gushing away!! And thank you for recommending us to your friends and family too. Sarah xx

Reviewed 22 August 2011

We just stayed in both the self-catering cottage and then the B&B and cannot recommend either highly enough. The reviews of Brook Farm on Tripadvisor are consistently high and justly so - Sarah and Willy are tremendous hosts who go out of their way to make your stay as relaxing as possible. The Hen House cottage is a joy - really carefully thought out with everything you could need including a fridge stocked with treats and a great kitchen setup. Similarly, the B&B in the main house is one of the most beautiful we've ever experienced. All of this sits within a massive garden constantly tended by Sarah and Willy that guests are free to roam around in - alongside friendly hens, cats and dogs (you can also go and visit their sheep and donkeys). On our last evening we had a BBQ in the special spot Sarah and Willy have selected to catch the sunset right at the top of their land and it really was one of the most memorable in our lives.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JenniferY

Ooo this has been a good weekend! Three lovely reviews on here and lots of nice comments from people visiting our garden for the National Gardens Scheme. I feel so lucky to have such gorgeous visitors and I really hope you guys come back again. Thank you so much, Sarah xx