Brook Farm
Talbot Inn(Tenbury Wells)
TripAdvisor
The Fountain Inn(Tenbury Wells)
Wolferlow Wigwams(Tenbury Wells)
Pitchup.com
TripAdvisor
Rose & Crown(Tenbury Wells)
  • Restaurant
Hidden Valley Camping(Tenbury Wells)
Pitchup.com
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 July 2013

May I say this is so far the best B&B experience we have had? I probably have rated some other B&Bs "the best" in the past, until we came across Brook Farm. The building itself is one of the most charming houses we have seen, and despite the fact we are normally not keen on cottages, we loved it the minute we walked in. As a 500 years old building, it has low ceilings, wonky floors, uneven walls, old beams and everything else you expect with an old cottage, but it feels spotlessly clean, open, bright, warm, homey and chic. It looks like something in the Country Living magazine. There are only two rooms in separate part of the house, each with its own bathroom so we were not disturbed by the other guests. The guest living room is also a lovely bonus. We spent rainy afternoons and evenings sitting by the fire, playing board game or just relaxing. There are also two self-catering cottages at Brook Farm which look equally charming. The B&B is hidden away in one of the most peaceful and beautiful spot of England, and Sarah and Willy have done wonders to the garden! It's unbelievable what can be done in 7 years! We enjoyed our morning walks in the garden, sheep-spotting from the bathroom, or duck-spotting from our bedroom. There are lots of lovely gardens, stately homes, castles and market towns nearby to explore, too.

The place itself alone worth 5 star rating, but it's the people that made our stay truly memorable. Sarah and Willy are so generous, kind, welcoming and thoughtful. There are teas and cakes on arrival, complimentary chocolates, choice of hot drinks, brandy and homemade damson vodka for guests to enjoy, luxury toiletries, and coffee/tea brought to the room in the morning. Everything is so laid back that there isn't a strict breakfast time either (as Sarah said, as long as you get up before 12). Sarah and Willy are also extremely helpful in booking restaurant/taxi/giving a lift for us, which they don't HAVE TO do. All this came with a very reasonable room rate. We felt extremely at home at Brook Farm and were really sorry to leave. It is at No 1 of my recommendation list for a beautiful English rural retreat.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Y S
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Well, what can I say?! Thank you! And all that even after Willy dropped you at the wrong pub! We both really appreciate your very flattering review thank you so much. Sarah.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We had read the reviews and wondered if the reality would match up - it did!!
From our first sight of this wonderful cottage and the warm welcome with tea and cake everything was perfect.
Our room was lovely with a comfortable bed, although we spent a lot of time relaxing in the beautiful gardens or the guest's lounge with it's comfy sofas and lovely log burner. The complimentary tea, coffee and cake was very welcome after a day out and about walking in the beautiful countryside or visting pretty toens and lovely National Trust properties.
Sarah & Willie were the perfect hosts, happy to suggest and book evening meals (all of which were great), always around if needed but never intrusive.
It was lovely to be woken with a cup of tea in the morning and the breakfasts were really delicious - not only the ususal full English but scrambled eggs with local smoked trout (hubby's favourite) or Sarah's Sundae Breakfast (mine)
We loved Harry the dog, all the cats, donkeys, sheep, ducks and hens!!
Thank you for a perfect way break - we will be back!

Room Tip: All are wonderful!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pandapatch29
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thank you so very much indeed. I think these wonderful reviews are just as much a reflection of the niceness of the guests as the niceness of the place! I fee lvery lucky to have such great visitors.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

My partner and I arrived home yesterday from a truly enchanting Friday to Sunday stay at Brook Farm. We arrived at 8pm on Friday evening after a busy day at work and Travelling to be greeted by Sarah. A warm welcome followed by a tour of Brook Farm. We were staying in The Hen House, from the moment the door opened I fell in love, so much attention to detail, a cosy traditional cottage yet a modern feel. This was to be our home for the next couple of days. We had taken our family dog Mylo who was so excited by his new surroundings with all the smells in the countryside air..... not to mention the wild cats and hens that were roaming around..

My partner and I had ordered the Cheese and Meat platter this was waiting for us along with two chilled local ciders.. It was just what the doctor ordered as we were both famished. We settled down for our first night in The Hen House, it felt warm and cosy I was instantly relaxed!

The following morning we both woke up at 7:30 sharp (still in work mode) after what had been the best sleep I had had in along time, all we could hear were birds just outside the window singing and sheep in the field just next to the main house.... BLISS! Sarah had stocked the fridge with some local produce, so i cracked on with breakfast and made a pot of tea....Firstly the eggs.. WOW I have never seen eggs like them.. they were huge. The bacon, sausage, mushroom and fresh tomatoes were so tasty.. it made having a naughty full english breakfast worth it. :)

After a lazy morning we ventured out with Mylo to explore our surroundings.. The trails next to the cottage offered a lovely mid morning stroll and luckily we managed to get back to The Hen House just before the heavens opened..

To be honest the second night and day consisted of pretty much the same eating, drinking and walking. We had chosen to come to Brook Farm to relax and that is exactly what we did... although we now wish we had booked for the week as two days simply wasn't enough :(

There is plenty to do if you want to be adventurous.. packed into the guide Sarah had left in the Hen House there were walks for cider lovers, food lovers and wine lovers. We will defiantly look into these on our next visit.

If you are looking for a peaceful experience with ample walks and idyllic surroundings with a home from home feel I would recommend Brook Farm, this was our first trip here but I can safely say it won't be our last.

Just a perfect Getaway.....

Sadie, Jamie and Mylo :)

Room Tip: Pack your walking boots and waterproof coat... once you set off walking you don't want to stop exploring :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Thank you! What a thoroughly lovely description of a weekend in the Hen House - might just have to cut and paste that on to our website! So glad you and Mylo enjoyed it and really look forward to welcoming you all back again. Sarah.x

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Beautiful farm house with cosy bedrooms, and guest lounge with big comfy sofa by a lovely log fire. Sarah the lady of the house gave us a very warm welcome when we arrived. We had driven up through snow which was still falling and settling fast. The breakfasts were sumptuous on both morning. We stayed in one night and had the selection of cheese and meats platter highly recommended. We ate at Le Bercasse on the Saturday lunchtime. We had we so spoilt by being upgraded to the chefs table, the chef Will Holland talked us through all our courses. The food was amazing!! We have booked to go back already both to the B & B and attend the Ludliw food festival in September.

• Stayed: March 2013
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you thank you! That's the first time my food and Will Holland's have been mentioned in the same review! Haha! It is a really good foodie area so both Will and I work with some great ingredients...he's just ever so slightly cleverer with them :-) Really look forward to seeing you for the festival - and thanks again xx

Reviewed 5 February 2013

We've just got back from two nights at Brook Farm. To describe it as a B&B does not do it justice. From the moment we arrived to be warmly greeted by Willie and Sarah with tea and home made cakes to the lovely home they let us briefly share, everything was perfect. They really do think of everything. The bedroom, sitting room and bathroom are all beautifully furnished and it felt like a home away from home. We hope to return later in the year.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ChrisAyl
Sarahwint, Owner at Brook Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Thank you very much for your review. I really feel I ought to confess to all that my homemade cakes are indeed homemade but not by me! My lovely friend Jacqui makes them and makes them very well - very much better than me! So I'm glad you enjoyed them and I will tell her so and make sure she keeps making them for all my guests! Really look forward to your return. Sarah