“Lovely food,,,,,shame about the price” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Temeside Inn
Ranked #11 of 20 Restaurants in Tenbury Wells
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Romsley
“Lovely food,,,,,shame about the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

Had a lovely meal in very nice surroundings,,,, came to pay the bill,,, we had been charged £4.00 for two rounds of sliced bread & butter,,,,could not belive it,,,, will never go there again,, such a disappointment,,, do hope they read these reviews

• 1 of 5 bubbles

Tarrington, United Kingdom
“good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

Went for lunch with my son, very good, but thought it to be a little over-priced. Service was very good

2 Thank corben38
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

We visited this pub whilst at a nearby weekend country festival.I ordered chicken and mushroom pie from the specials board and my husband ordered crispy battered cod from the restaurant menu.As soon as my meal was put in front of me I could tell that it was microwaved pastry!
It was a small portion of pie served with frozen chips and a small salad garnish.I tasted the inside of the pie,bland,the pastry like rubber.I called the waitress and asked whether the pie was microwaved,and on making enquiries with the chef she told me that it had been microwaved then put in the oven to finish off.I told her it was in edible and ordered a fish pie instead,Cheesy mash with 4 very small pieces of fish and 2 shrimps are what I got,however the small dish of carrots ,broccoli and cauliflower were delicious.Both the chicken pie and the fish pie were supposed to be specials but at £8.95 and £8.50 neither of them warranted that price! My husbands crispy cod was indeed very crispy,very brown,very thin and certainly was not fresh fish either but he was hungry and ate it!
Beautiful surroundings to this pub /restaurant should not mean over priced ,poor quality food should be served as secondary to a good view!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Linjy L
West Midlands
“Assistance Dogs Not Welcome”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

We cannot review the food at this pub because we walked out in disgust after the owner refused to serve us in the dining area because my husband had his guide dog with him. The owner is clearly lacking in his undestanding of the Disability Discrimination Act. He said he was not refusing to serve us a meal. However, he expected us to sit in the bar amongst the drinkers and pool table.

We agree with the previous review in that the pub is in a lovely setting overlooking the river but the welcome is none existent. We shall not be returning to this pub unless we hear that it is under new management.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank JABWMids
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“what a shame”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

lovely location right by the river. Pub and grounds beautiful. Just such a shame that the welcome is not as warm. Be there at your peril after 9.30pm or receive the stare from the land lady or land lord. On the dot of 21.50hrs they appear. Not to serve and chat with the regulars but to usher you out as quickly as they can. No other local in the area so such a shame that it does not have more of an input of the local community.

Visited July 2012