“Fabulous accomodation and a warm welcome awaits”
Review of Tigh Na Leigh

and 1 more site!
Tigh Na Leigh
Ranked #2 of 4 Alyth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Arrived 23/04/13 as a single female business traveller booked due to being unable to secure accommodation in the Aberdeen area so not sure what to expect on arrival. The Guest house is run by Bettina and Chris ( who also does all the cooking)
Accommodation was fantastic, reception warm and welcoming without being over bearing furnishings very tasteful,immaculately clean and comfortable with a lot of thought going into what traveller's require and expect and food absolutely delightful. Spent two nights here and after travelling more than 300 miles on my first day and 180 on my second night it was lovely to be able to soak in the Jacuzzi bath and have a comfortable restful nights sleep. Had booked bed and breakfast but if you want an evening meal this can be pre booked by lunchtime with a choice of three dishes for starter main and dessert. All prepared lovingly and using quality ingredients often locally sourced and served in the dining room which is part of the conservatory overlooking very pleasant gardens. The whole stay was a pleasure and felt safe but friendly, important I feel when travelling as a lone female traveller and Internet access available throughout the building important when on a business trip. I felt like I didn't want to go to work! I hope to return as a visitor for a weekend or leisure break soon. Thank you both

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Having stayed here on a number of occasions previously, I hadn't been for a couple of years but was welcomed like an old friend! The room, food and service are all still of a fantastic standard with nothing too much trouble -including altering the menu for my veggie girl! Will definitely make sure I'm staying again soon

Room Tip: Room 6 on top floor- tight staircase to it but super room!
1  Thank stuartfaedunfy
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I am reluctant to share just how fantastic Tigh Na Leigh is! Chris and Bettina are brilliant hosts who went way above and beyond to accommodate us. The food is outstanding. This is truly a special place. A long soak in the lush jacuzzi bath, a fantastic dinner followed by feet up watching a DVD from the extensive library proved the perfect antidote to my busy life. Despite having only just left, I am already looking forward to going back!

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Well-- I'm still not sure how to pronounce its name. But believe me Tigh na Leigh deserves its top ratings. Chris and Bettina run their B&B like a fabulous boutique hotel and you will return every day with a sigh of comfort.

We looked at the Lands of Loyal hotel, but based on TripAdvisor reviews we chose Tigh na Leigh and were very happy with it. We also had friends staying at Lands of Loyal and went up there for some delicious dinners; the bar and entry area with its big fireplaces is very cozy and the food is really unusually good. But we had no regrets!

The main street of Alyth is not a particular beauty spot and across the street from Tigh na Leigh is a Scotmid store, which might put you off. Don't let it. Once you check in, you will never think of it again! The double glazing reassures you that you will have a sound night's sleep in spite of overlooking the road-- but in fact Alyth is silent at night anyway.

Chris and Bettina have a wonderful way of making you feel like welcome guests, not customers. They have had interesting lives, have lived abroad, and are thoroughly professional in how they run the house. Bettina is German (with perfect English) and as I've lived in Germany, I found that reassuring-- and our room was so spotless that, as in Germany, I ran my finger across the top of the wardrobe before setting my hat up there, and found it absolutely dust-free!

We stayed in the four-poster room and didn't see the other rooms. It's a lovely room with a window seat looking over their garden and the church next door, where I spotted my first-ever red squirrel (more and more endangered in Britain). There's a round table in a window bay, with two comfortable armchairs; the bed had a canopy and a Scottish thistle carved into its headboard and was wonderfully comfortable. Even the pictures on the walls were better than what you usually see in a B&B. The bathroom was large, well-furnished and spotless and the jacuzzi was nice after a long walk in the mist. As an American, I've never figured out how to take a shower bath in a bathtub without spraying the entire room; however the towel-warming radiator also dried the bathmat I used to wipe up the rather slippery marble floor. There was also a nice flat-screen television and an iPod speaker/charger, but we didn't use those. The house has free wifi but the reception for telephones and even occasionally wifi can be iffy because Alyth is in a valley.

We did not have dinner at Tigh na Leigh but the breakfast was as good as we could ask for, with several kinds of fresh fruit, plain and fruit yogurt, granola, several kinds of juice, and good hot coffee and tea. You can have a cooked breakfast too.

Another nice thing about Tigh na Leigh is that there are two or three rooms downstairs where guests can sit. You don't have that awkward situation where you feel you are keeping your hosts out of their favorite room, because there is a television room with a good stock of DVDs, a comfortable sitting room where Bettina may bring you a drink (they have a liquor license), and a little sitting area in the large, light dining room that looks out on their pond and garden.

People who are allergic to cats should know that two large, handsome, friendly Toms share the house.

All in all, I don't think a B&B could get much better than this! Bravo!

Reviewed 27 March 2013

We have just made our third visit to Tigh Na Leigh and it only encourages us to return again.

Beautiful rooms, wonderful food and friendly hosts totally justify its five star rating.

Did I mention the flat screen TVs, DVD players and jacuzzi baths in every room?

Add it to your bucket list!

David Rees

Room Tip: They are all good - you get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Returning after a few years we found Bettina and Chris the same attentive hosts. Early check in was no problem and that gave us extra time to relax before the fantastic evening meal prepared with so much care. Not the 4 poster bedded room this time but the standard double that is comfortable and not standard by any means. Bettina had plenty of suggestions for how we could spend our day before being spoilt to another nights stay. We were not in any rush and were never made to feel anything but most welcome. Tigh Na Leigh is a gem and 5 stars are just not enough.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We loved this lovely guest house and would recommend it highly. Only stayed one night and
wish we had been able to stay longer. You will not be disappointed only spoiled with lovely rooms and delicious cooking.
Anne and Stuart

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alyth
Lands of Loyal Hotel
#2 of 19 in Blairgowrie
Losset Inn
Losset Inn
#4 of 4 in Alyth

Been to Tigh Na Leigh? Share your experiences!