“Fantastic house for parties”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

3.5 of 5 bubbles Average - based on 10 reviews

Reviews from our community

CP1Kent
Kent
“Good space, but a litle tired...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

I booked this large house for an extended family holiday spanning 3 generations. The number of bedrooms and shower rooms were a must! I thought that the downstairs bedroom would be a bonus too as my mother has some mobility problems, however the downstairs toilet and shower are not in the vicinity of the bedroom and would mean walking across the very large lounge to gain access. The other bedrooms upstairs were fine - although the eaves ceiling in one of the bedrooms was very low and resulted in my Dad grazing his head one night. Clean white sheets and duvets and towels were provided (although towels smaller than we are used to....) The showers were good and offered a good temperature and flow, but the trays were all very high, which made it near impossible for my elderly mother to access - no hand rail in the cubicle either, which may have helped.
The living space was plenty big enough for the 17 adults that we had staying there for most of the week and the two large tables were perfect for family meals. The 2-kitchen arrangement, although not ideal was manageable, but the electric hobs with solid heat plates were quite old and inefficient and the markings on the control panels had been rubbed off and so made it very difficult to use. Kitchen utensils were ok and there were plenty of plates and cutlery etc. Another review mentions a games room, but this is no longer there, although there was a cupboard with some board games and cards.
The owners were kind enough to let us have some other family & friends to visit for the day and we had plenty of room to entertain - there were about 30 of us in total. It was a beautiful hot sunny day and the owner had agreed that we could bring a BBQ to cook outside. However, the picture showing the outside space to the front and side of the property is not accurate and the garden furniture doesn't actually exist.
We felt that the property overall was pretty tired - a couple of the sofas were very worn - one was ripped. A few of the carpets in the bedrooms had stains on them. The carpet at the top of two steps which gave access to one of the bedrooms was actually very badly worn and in shreds, meaning we had to take great care not to trip coming out of the bedroom.
Having said that the location was lovely and peaceful and we enjoyed hearing the sheep and chickens going about their business. We found a couple of really good pubs in the area - The Talbot Arms in Uplyme and the Old Inn at Kilmington (on the A35) and The Anchor (right on the beach) at Seatown (Chideock) next to Golden Cap. Would also recommend the Fish and Chip Shop at Seaton for a hearty lunch! Tesco is just a couple of miles away at Axminster and we arranged a delivery for our arrival date which the owners kindly took in for us as it arrived before we did!
Overall we had a good holiday and found the space met our needs. I have raised my concerns about the property with the owner and he assures me that they 'will make changes and hope to improve their service'. I hope this is the case as I am afraid that I would not recommend to a friend in the current condition.

4 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 bubbles How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 2 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property
4 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
4 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: location
Liked least: tired furniture and appliances
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2009 for a stay in June 2009
3 of 5 bubbles Value 4 of 5 bubbles Rooms
4 of 5 bubbles Location 4 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
4 of 5 bubbles Check-in / front desk 3 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Space
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2009 for a stay in August 2008
person found this review helpful
4 of 5 bubbles Value 5 of 5 bubbles Rooms
4 of 5 bubbles Location 5 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
4 of 5 bubbles Check-in / front desk 4 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Space and facilities
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Friends getaway Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$258
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing