“Fanatastic hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Uplyme
Fingle Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Uplyme B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Upon our arrival at Fingle, we knew that we were in for a great stay at this wonderful B&B, when we received a most friendly and spontaneous welcome by Jane and James on a beautiful spring day in a so peaceful part of England. Our room was beautifully presented, so clean and with a most comfortable bed and tastefully decorated. Jane explained to us the best spots to visit and eat out. One felt really at home here, which was our first B&B on our fortnight in Britain. The breakfasts were exceptional, the fresh fruit and yoghurts and home- made jams were a delight.
We were made to feel so welcomed for our entire stay and nothing was too much trouble to help us make the most of our visit.Fingle is situated only a few minutes from the coast area of Lyme and offers great off street parking. All of our B&B stays in England were fabulous and we consider Fingle as surely one of the best, and at a most affordable price. Thanks Jane and James, we loved Fingle and your friendly hospitality.We are already telling our friends back here in Australia about your great place. Cheers

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank scragger07

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have just got back from a 2 night stay here. Jane was incredibly welcoming with gorgeous homemade flapjacks and tea on arrival. The rooms are beautifully decorated with very comfortable beds. A great selection at breakfast, including home made muesli. I had the most relaxing time and I will definitely be booking again.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank AH2000
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Previous reviewers have made all the usual wonderfully deserved comments & plaudits so I cannot add anything other than - The Fingle experience is absolutely the best B&B you could wish for.

It is so quiet and peaceful and the hosts Jane and James make you very welcome without being in your face - Jane's breakfasts are very fruitful affairs - fresh pears, and all sorts of healthy berries combined with homemade jams and granola etc. with a cooked breakfast for the less figure conscious amongst us.

They have worked very hard to create a superb spotless B & B - enjoy!
-it was so good we tagged on an extra night.

Just a short stroll through a field and following the stream leads you down into Lyme and the many varied shops, galleries and eateries.

There is a good local Taxi (Terry) who can whisk you back from the town as the hilly terrain is a killer after a good meal and a bottle of wine (or two)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank simon y
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The accommodation was warm and cosy. Jane and James were fantastic hosts. We were so well looked after from the moment we arrived - delicious breakfasts and flapjacks, great knowledge and tips for the local area. We will definitely be back and highly recommend it to everyone!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I came to Dorset to do an art course with Dawn Brimicome (bluebirds@dawn.com) and she recommended Fingle B&B to me. What can I say apart from thank you so much to Jane and James for taking such good care of me and also thank goodness I didn't stay for a whole week because I wouldn't be able to fit into my jeans! Breakfasts to die for ( meant to slip the heavenly homemade lemon curd into my bag! ) Jane also makes amazing jams, granola, flapjacks and bags! Really comfortable room and once I twigged how to turn on the shower no shortage of hot water either!

I came on my own whilst my daughter undertook a cookery course at the Cambridge Cookery School for her Gold D of E and left with new friends. A fab stay at Fingle B&B and an amazing two days learning all about encaustic art (painting with beeswax and pigments amongst other things) with Dawn.

Thanks very much Dawn, Jane and James - hope to be able to return the hospitality should you venture to the far north of Scotland!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I had a wonderful 5 night stay at Fingle. I felt "at home" as soon as I arrived. Jane and James were wonderful hosts. Their home was spotless and so welcoming. The bed was really comfortable and everything you could possible need for a stay was provided. I only managed to eat one of Jane's wonderful breakfast as I was on a 4 day Cookery Course at River Cottage. I was so full from all the food consumed at River Cottage there was no room for anything else! I will be back to have a proper breakfast when I'm not cooking all day! Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jane W
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is by far one of the best b &b we have stayed in. Jane and James were delightful hosts . The room was very clean light and airy. There was even a book for guests to put comments in about where they had eaten and if they would recommend the pub or Resturant. The food was excellent. Most was home made and was delicious. We will be back. Would highly recommend

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uplyme
1 mi away
#11 of 45 in Lyme Regis
The Old Monmouth
The Old Monmouth
#8 of 45 in Lyme Regis

Been to Fingle Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!