“The perfect village pub”
Review of Talbot arms

Talbot arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Uplyme
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“The perfect village pub”
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

What a jolly little pub!! From the moment you walk through the door you feel like you've arrived home. Friendly locals and staff make this pub a pleasure to visit. The food and beer selection was perfect and extremely tasty. The perfect example of how a pub should be! Will definitely be back.

3 Thank Warders151
Hello Warders151,

Thankyou for your kind comments. So pleased you enjoyed your experience at the pub!

I will pass on your comments to our hard working staff and friendly locals.

Please make yourselves known to us on your next visit, we look forward to seeing you again!

Kind regards

PP. Steve and Wendy

Lyme Regis, United Kingdom
“Bad service bad attitude”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I had 2 friends staying with me & decided to book a meal at my local pub. I phoned the day before & was told that the latest I could book a table was 7:00pm, this I did leaving my contact phone number. We had a few drinks at home (200m from the pub) and turned up on time only to be told that there were no tables available and the booking shouldn't have been made. They confirmed that they had my phone number and wouldn't say why they did not contact me. As we had all had a drink, driving to another restaurant was impossible. We went home and had a make do meal. Good service costs nothing. Please do not use this pub.

1 Thank Laurencecole
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Fabulous steak”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

A great meal, even though we arrived quite late for dinner.
One of the best steaks we have ever eaten, cooked to perfection (exactly as we had asked for it)!
Would definitely return.

Visited July 2013
Hi Corinna,

Thankyou for your comments, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us good feedback.We are glad you enjoyed your steak!

Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Thanks
Holly x

PP Steve and Wendy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Seriously gone down hill within the last 3 years from when I last visited. If you employ very young staff who don't care then expect poor service!

1 Thank Oxoxoxoxox
talbotarms, General Manager at Talbot arms, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear oxoxoxoxox

I am really disappointed to hear that your visit was not up to our usual high standard.

As you say, some of our staff members are young, but they are all trained in customer service and should be working hard to keep our customers happy. We hope that you could share a few more details about your visit with us so that we can ensure this doesn't happen again.

If there is anything we can do to resolve this matter for you please don't hesitate to contact me on 01297 443136

We hope to see you again

Pp. Steve and Wendy
Towcester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Sunday carvery!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is a regular favourite when we visit Lyme Regis, it serves the tastiest Sunday carvery. A great choice of fresh vegetables (different every time), lovely meat, great roasties and tasty gravy. Only negative is I never have space for a pudding but guess I'll just have to live with that terrible problem! At under a tenner it's great value too!

• Visited June 2013
Hello MelanieW19,

Thankyou for your lovely comments about our Sunday Carvery! We will pass your comments onto the chef and the rest of the staff.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Thanks!