“Nice hotel, great location, great value, great staff”

Springfield Hotel & Health Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pentre Halkyn
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We used this hotel as the venue for a motorcycle weekend meet-up for about 40 people, most of whom had booked months in advance. As far as I was concerned, the hotel did pretty well in catering for us, and the few non-motorcyclists who were also staying there..

My companion and I were the first there, and the reception staff made us very welcome and we were able to access our rooms right away, despite it being only late morning. My room was clean and spacious, with great panoramic views over the Dee Estuary. Everything was clean and fresh, and the free wi-fi was a bonus. The bed was comfortable and I slept really well. The bathroom had a nice big bath - great for a soak after hours riding the wonderful North Wales roads!

THe group booking included breakfast and evening meals, and both were well handled. Breakfast was a buffet affair - sausages and black pudding the high points - both excellent. Evening meals were both excellent too - bulk catering, but tasty, fresh and well prepared and delivered to the tables.

The bar was kept busy and (as we warned the staff would happen!), they ran out of proper beer on the second nightdue to thirsty bikers, and indifferent draft lager was all that was left. A bigger choice of malts might be nice, but I'm not going to mark them down!

At all times every staff member I encountered was a credit to their employers - friendly, attentive, cheerful: quite honestly they could not have been better.

No complaints whatsoever, and I hope we have a future meeting based at the Springfield.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the front (if available) for the view
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 August 2012

From the minute we checked in we were looked after by the very attentive staff. There were 4 of us and our bedroom was ample for our needs. Very clean throughout and a very relaxed atmosphere. We have never been to this part of Wales and the location was well situated to get to all parts, including Snowdonia National Park in the west and Chester in the east.

The food was superb and good value for money. In the evening you can eat in the restaurant or the bar. Check for the special offers these are worthwhile. The menu also offers local produce which is another plus. The childrens menu has a varied selection and the portions are massive!! Breakfast is self service and you get a choice of cooked breakfast ,cereals and fruit. You won't go hungry, trust me.

The gym and pool were very good additions and kept the family occupied! In fact if my children had their own way we wouldn't have left the hotel for the entire 5 days of our stay!!

The owners obviously have put alot of thought into the running of this hotel and I would recommend a stay to anybody. We will definitely be booking a room next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BigFish61_12
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My wife recently had her 30th birthday party at the springfield. The staff were great and catered for every request made and the food was fantastic. We were treated to a fab room which included a 4 poster bed and boasted amazing views across the wirral. The newly refurbished health suite and gym is a must to work off the hangover in the morning!!!!! a good selection of food for breakfast and the quality could not be faulted in any way. We have been back numerous times for sunday carvery with our young family and will continue to go back. Overall i think the hotel is fab.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kevin w
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I had the misfortune of my car breaking down near this hotel and stayed for one night. I was a long way from home, on my own and badly stuck. Thanks to the staff especially Lisa I got help with mechanics, tow trucks etc not to mention the use of their PC for internet access. If there was anything I needed they helped out and for that I am so grateful. I had a very pleasant stay and would recommend this hotel for anyone who likes the personal touch. Thanks again for everything!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Have just returned from enjoying an evening meal at the Springfield Hotel. The menu here is first class and we were well looked after by all the staff. We were seated in a lovely restaurant and were totally spoiled. The menu is varied with what I can only describe as having something to please all! The prices are surprisingly low for what can only be described as a 5* restaurant with top class service.

What originally started as a quick tea out has resulted in what could be a regular visit!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JennyBG
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We arrived last Saturday to attend a wedding. The room was meant to be a family room sleeping 4. The 4th bed was a camp bed. Which my 12 year old sons feet stuck out of. The room smelled of rotten fish, & the windows had been left open, by staff.
The staff were courteous, & helpful but very young. They apologised & moved us to a even smaller room. not meant for 4.
What can I say ? my husband got a bottle of wine for our trouble.
However the next day when I came to pay, I did not get a refund or any money taken off. Even though my brother in law paid £70 for his sleep 3 room & we paid £87.50 for a sleep 3 with a bed squashed in the corner.
Breakfast was help yourself & of normal standard.
Could never stay in dated rooms, like this on holiday. Glad it was only 1 night.

Room Tip: phone first
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Twins1999_11
Reviewed 29 July 2012

The location isnt good was nothing close, hotel needs a good refurb rooms poor, best thing is the sauna and the pool, will never go back. we drove into llandudno i would reomend you go to wales you stay here it was about 30 miles away.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Halkyn
Oriel Country Hotel & Spa
Oriel Country Hotel & Spa
#2 of 2 in St. Asaph
Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)

Been to Springfield Hotel & Health Club? Share your experiences!