We used this hotel as the venue for a motorcycle weekend meet-up for about 40 people, most of whom had booked months in advance. As far as I was concerned, the hotel did pretty well in catering for us, and the few non-motorcyclists who were also staying there..
My companion and I were the first there, and the reception staff made us very welcome and we were able to access our rooms right away, despite it being only late morning. My room was clean and spacious, with great panoramic views over the Dee Estuary. Everything was clean and fresh, and the free wi-fi was a bonus. The bed was comfortable and I slept really well. The bathroom had a nice big bath - great for a soak after hours riding the wonderful North Wales roads!
THe group booking included breakfast and evening meals, and both were well handled. Breakfast was a buffet affair - sausages and black pudding the high points - both excellent. Evening meals were both excellent too - bulk catering, but tasty, fresh and well prepared and delivered to the tables.
The bar was kept busy and (as we warned the staff would happen!), they ran out of proper beer on the second nightdue to thirsty bikers, and indifferent draft lager was all that was left. A bigger choice of malts might be nice, but I'm not going to mark them down!
At all times every staff member I encountered was a credit to their employers - friendly, attentive, cheerful: quite honestly they could not have been better.
No complaints whatsoever, and I hope we have a future meeting based at the Springfield.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Springfield Hotel & Health Club enjoys fabulous views over the River Dee and has excellent road links to the beautiful Roman city of Chester, North-West England and North Wales. This friendly, comfortable hotel has a fantastic location for those travelling on business or for those exploring the attractions and countryside of North Wales. All of the rooms are comfortable and well equipped with colour freeview television, complimentary hi-speed internet, tea/coffee making facilities and en suite showers and baths. The brand new Health Club opened in March 2011, with facilities including a gym with state-of-the-art equipment, indoor swimming pool and sauna, all of which are entirely free of charge for guests. Free high-speed wireless internet access is now also available throughout the Hotel. The new restaurant and bar offer home-cooked food, made using fresh local produce. We are particularly proud of our food and have many regular customers. Or simply relax in the Bar and take in the stunning views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Stayforlong S.L., getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Springfield Hotel & Health Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springfield Hotel And Health Club
- Springfield Hotel & Health Club Pentre Halkyn, Holywell, Flintshire