“Great service and good value.”

Springfield Hotel & Health Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pentre Halkyn
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stay at this hotel regularly. The owners have a great business model of a quality product at a good value price. The food is excellent, the place is always clean and the staff are friendly but professional.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed 20 September 2012

All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The young man on reception showed us round on arrival and made us feel welcome. First impressions upstairs was that it looked rather tired and some walls were in need of a fresh coat of paint. Our room, although a bit dated, was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was large and the shower over the bath was really powerful. The beds were very comfy, I'm a bad sleeper but I had a really good night's sleep here. The pool was a bonus. It was lovely and warm and the changing area and pool were spotlessly clean. Our one disappointment was the evening meal. My husband eats just about anything but he left most of his gammon and chips (chewy gammon and chips not cooked thoroughly). I had the butternut squash risotto which was rather bland with too much rice and very little butternut squash. Perhaps it was an off night and we were unlucky as the other reviews say the food is great. Other diners had the curry which seemed to be going down well. Breakfast however was a great improvement on the evening meal and hubby was very pleased with his 'full English'. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Attended my brothers wedding at Springfield and I couldn't fault it . The staff were friendly and efficient and helpful and nothing seemed too much trouble . Our room was clean and comfortable with a large bed a single and a camp bed for our toddler they also provided us with a good clean cot for our baby ! Some good views to be had across the dee estuary from the hotel and the outside seating area . A good selection of lagers were available from the bar as well as bottles and even fruit shoot for the kids . I would happily recommend this hotel to friends and family . Keep up the good work

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We used this hotel as the venue for a motorcycle weekend meet-up for about 40 people, most of whom had booked months in advance. As far as I was concerned, the hotel did pretty well in catering for us, and the few non-motorcyclists who were also staying there..

My companion and I were the first there, and the reception staff made us very welcome and we were able to access our rooms right away, despite it being only late morning. My room was clean and spacious, with great panoramic views over the Dee Estuary. Everything was clean and fresh, and the free wi-fi was a bonus. The bed was comfortable and I slept really well. The bathroom had a nice big bath - great for a soak after hours riding the wonderful North Wales roads!

THe group booking included breakfast and evening meals, and both were well handled. Breakfast was a buffet affair - sausages and black pudding the high points - both excellent. Evening meals were both excellent too - bulk catering, but tasty, fresh and well prepared and delivered to the tables.

The bar was kept busy and (as we warned the staff would happen!), they ran out of proper beer on the second nightdue to thirsty bikers, and indifferent draft lager was all that was left. A bigger choice of malts might be nice, but I'm not going to mark them down!

At all times every staff member I encountered was a credit to their employers - friendly, attentive, cheerful: quite honestly they could not have been better.

No complaints whatsoever, and I hope we have a future meeting based at the Springfield.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the front (if available) for the view
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2012

From the minute we checked in we were looked after by the very attentive staff. There were 4 of us and our bedroom was ample for our needs. Very clean throughout and a very relaxed atmosphere. We have never been to this part of Wales and the location was well situated to get to all parts, including Snowdonia National Park in the west and Chester in the east.

The food was superb and good value for money. In the evening you can eat in the restaurant or the bar. Check for the special offers these are worthwhile. The menu also offers local produce which is another plus. The childrens menu has a varied selection and the portions are massive!! Breakfast is self service and you get a choice of cooked breakfast ,cereals and fruit. You won't go hungry, trust me.

The gym and pool were very good additions and kept the family occupied! In fact if my children had their own way we wouldn't have left the hotel for the entire 5 days of our stay!!

The owners obviously have put alot of thought into the running of this hotel and I would recommend a stay to anybody. We will definitely be booking a room next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BigFish61_12
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My wife recently had her 30th birthday party at the springfield. The staff were great and catered for every request made and the food was fantastic. We were treated to a fab room which included a 4 poster bed and boasted amazing views across the wirral. The newly refurbished health suite and gym is a must to work off the hangover in the morning!!!!! a good selection of food for breakfast and the quality could not be faulted in any way. We have been back numerous times for sunday carvery with our young family and will continue to go back. Overall i think the hotel is fab.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kevin w
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I had the misfortune of my car breaking down near this hotel and stayed for one night. I was a long way from home, on my own and badly stuck. Thanks to the staff especially Lisa I got help with mechanics, tow trucks etc not to mention the use of their PC for internet access. If there was anything I needed they helped out and for that I am so grateful. I had a very pleasant stay and would recommend this hotel for anyone who likes the personal touch. Thanks again for everything!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pentre Halkyn
Village Hotel Chester St David's
Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)
Travelodge Halkyn
Travelodge Halkyn
#1 of 1 in Halkyn
Beaufort Park Hotel
Travelodge Colwyn Bay
Travelodge Colwyn Bay
#1 of 3 in Colwyn Bay
Hallmark Hotel Llyndir Hall, Chester South

Been to Springfield Hotel & Health Club? Share your experiences!